Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2 years post today

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    Todd,

I love this response LOL!!! I especially love the last 11 words .

Becky
    Aww! Shucks! I love that I made you laugh. You've spoken honestly and openly about your troubles and it does my heart good that my crass humor can tickle you to laughter. As Joan Rivers tells her audience after they react to an offensive joke, "Wait until you hear the next one!"

Though, I may have to send some of them via PM to avoid trouble.

Lately, I've been giving Dr. Young, whom I respect so much, a pain in the ass with my mouth (no pun intended). It's not fair to Dr. Young at all that he has to do damage control or write me over a stupid joke or comment.

Basically, what I'm tell you all is buy my book. It's presently available on photosofsmallpenises.com. All the proceeds from the money my book receives will go to my special charity Red Cock. It helps those of us men who have an SCI heal our penises after masturbation.

Getting back to the op topic, my 10th anniversary was my most memorable. I was at college my 11 SCI buddies and I reserved the back room at Frank Gustine's [former Pgh. Pirate] bar on Forbes Ave., not far from my dorm. We spent the evening reminiscing, telling jokes, singing, etc. ...and drinking. I had 10 shots of Southern Comfort on the rocks. A toast for each year. Don't ask me why, but SC was my favorite drink back then. We had our own server and the guys really kept her running. Being the only AB in our presence, she got tormented by us. lol I am sure she had a few drinks before she went home that night! We made it worthwhile for her. Actually, this was our regular watering hole and she knew us all. We really considered her one of the gang. When the clock struck 12 and we had to leave, we all emptied our wallets on the table for her tip. She got an estimated $250 that night.

Believe it or not, I wheeled back to the dorm unaided and poured myself into bed.

Nowadays, my celebrations are more subdued. I usually get several congratulatory and "thinking of you" cards from family, friends, and former class mates who still remember the day. My wife and I go out to dinner or something.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I am just now finding this thread and want to congratulate you on your survivorship, and for your attitude. I usually do something nice for myself on each anniversary, and in my case there have been a LOT of them. It has been everything from nice dinners out to an iPod dock. I am very grateful to have had the life I have had, wheels and all. It is very appropriate to celebrate yourself, because not only do you deserve it, anything else isn't nearly as much fun. My "half-life" (half my life walking, half wheeling) was a blow out event that included dinner, boating, riding around the mountains, and more.

I forgot to metion that my half-life event was spent with one of my best friends at the time. He is also a quad and was injured the same month and same year I was! It was his boat that I cruised around on that day. He is a much tamer personality than I am, and usually kept the boat at cruising speed. I asked to pilot it, and though he turned a little green at the thoughts, it was, after all, "my day" so he said I could. I don't think he ever knew before that his boat could go that fast, and I purposely crossed other people's wake to get the boat momentairily airborne. It was a blast!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyansWife View Post
    I thought it would be a way to celebrate Ryan surviving his accident and turning it into a GOOD day rather than one to dread. I've invited people we've never met in person but have supported us online or with prayers, cards, etc. I'm not much of a hostess so that's why I opted for a potluck and then I figured people on the fence about coming wouldn't feel like they were another mouth to feed or anything like that, either. I just want it to be a happy day with lots of warm fuzzies!
    Awesome idea, instead of dwelling on what's been lost he will celebrate all that's been gained (friends, insight, appreciation of simple things, etc)

Mine's in August as well (one year), I never thought I'd make it this far. I'm gonna be in the Rocky mountains counting my blessings.

Ryanswife I think that is a great idea to!! I didn't end up doing anything special for mine this year. My PT and I went out pushing the next day and then took me out for ice cream after.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I forgot to metion that my half-life event was spent with one of my best friends at the time. He is also a quad and was injured the same month and same year I was! It was his boat that I cruised around on that day. He is a much tamer personality than I am, and usually kept the boat at cruising speed. I asked to pilot it, and though he turned a little green at the thoughts, it was, after all, "my day" so he said I could. I don't think he ever knew before that his boat could go that fast, and I purposely crossed other people's wake to get the boat momentairily airborne. It was a blast!!
    Woo Hoo Eileen! Who knew you were such a dare devil?