Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 years post today

2 years post today

Well, today was my 2 year anniversary. I was very busy running around doing errands which was good. I didn't have to sit at home thinking about how much i missed doing everything i used to do. I get to do all that thinking tonight as I sit in bed.

What have some of you done on your anniversaries? I had thought about getting a cake but didn't do that today since I was out of the house all day. I just hope this year will be a better year. No hospital stays or surgeries!! Thanks everyone for your encouragements and support! It really means a lot.

Anna

Congratulations! That's a great achievement, to make it 2 years.

I just hit my 2 year anniversary about 2 weeks ago!

What do I do on anniversaries? Once a week, I meet with my friends at the park, so we can chat and all of our kids can play together. So far, on my 1st and 2nd anniversary, I have brought popsicles for every kid at the park, both our kids and every other kid who happens to be there.

Sometimes I think people might think it's a strange thing to "celebrate", but I tell them that I look at it this way -- I'm celebrating that I've made it through. Look what I got through for 2 years. And what you got through, too! It's pretty impressive of an accomplishment. That's why I'm celebrating! :-)

Let us know what you end up doing for your anniversary.

Brooke

Congrats on your 2 year mark...make sure you celebrate your accomplishments! My third is coming up next week.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

I'm <10 months post, I've often heard that the first 2 years is the "make or break" interval for most sci's. Do you guys feel like you're over the hump, so to speak? I still have bad days, emotional times but no more than pre-sci considering I don't work nowadays..

Ya, I do feel like I'm over the hump. Somewhere around 1.6 years I started feeling that way. :-)

congratulations!! i celebrated this time by getting a car so i can have independence and i got an octopus necklace cuz they r cute
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

i think you should seek help.. it is very sick to celebrate the day your life was fucked up for ever...i dont think anyone sane would do that... and you say that you celebrate that you got through it, but everybody does get through it..

Quote Originally Posted by mv740 View Post
    i think you should seek help.. it is very sick to celebrate the day your life was fucked up for ever...i dont think anyone sane would do that... and you say that you celebrate that you got through it, but everybody does get through it..
    Wow, that's a lovely thought.

Blessings to you on your SCI day, Anna.
    Daniel

Congratulations Anna! I wish you a hospital free year next year.

And MV 740, not everyone gets through it. I celebrate every month that I get to spend time with my family, watching my grandson grow, and spending time out at movies, eating, and just plain having fun with my husband.

Mary
    C5/6 complete 10/27/2009 MVA

"I'm going to try defying gravity." Elphaba in "Wicked"