Thread: Juice

Juice

Anyone in the community juice? If so, would you mind sharing a recipe that you enjoy? thanks. I say this becuase I just started; the clean-up is a slight downer, but the effect of juicing is incredible, so far.

I would love to do it, but you lost me at the clean up part! A juicing lifestyle is not for people like me.......LAZY! LOL
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

I've had a Vitamix blender for at least 15 years now. Rather than squeezing just the juice out of fruits & veggies it pulverizes them so you get the benefits of whole foods (especially fiber). Less waste and less clean up.

Less cleanup would be nice. I heard the leftover fibre makes awesome composting material. Besides, I think if I ingested that much fiber I would need one of these...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUbVjIswSbg
    Sorry for the visual image, but the soundtrack alone is worth the admission price .

Thank you hardley!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    I've had a Vitamix blender for at least 15 years now. Rather than squeezing just the juice out of fruits & veggies it pulverizes them so you get the benefits of whole foods (especially fiber). Less waste and less clean up.
    Just got the Vitamix a few days ago, It's Great! I've had several juicers over the years. They are good but the clean up is a drag. I also had another emulsifier which is a bit of a lemon, but this is great!

Scaper, glad to know it lasted you 15 years. I've always wanted one. Anyone would be hard pressed to find a bad review about the Vitamix. They have been around over 80 years and are made in the USA

Anyone else have one?
    Last edited by marycsm77; 12-18-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ-MN View Post
    Less cleanup would be nice. I heard the leftover fibre makes awesome composting material. Besides, I think if I ingested that much fiber I would need one of these...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUbVjIswSbg
    Sorry for the visual image, but the soundtrack alone is worth the admission price .
    The dog seems a bit uncomforable, don't you think. (I am smiling, but sheesh!!!)

GJ

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    Just got the Vitamix a few days ago, It's Great! I've had several juicers over the years. They are good but the clean up is a drag. I also had another emulsifier which is a bit of a lemon, but this is great!

Scaper, glad to know it lasted you 15 years. I've always wanted one. Anyone would be hard pressed to find a bad review about the Vitamix. They have been around over 80 years and are made in the USA

Anyone else have one?
    Welcome to the club! I'm still using mine 2-3 times per day. Protein & fruit for breakfast, and some veggies with lunch (ex: 1 small carrot, 1/2 an apple, 1/2 bunch of parsley, 1 cup water).

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Welcome to the club! I'm still using mine 2-3 times per day. Protein & fruit for breakfast, and some veggies with lunch (ex: 1 small carrot, 1/2 an apple, 1/2 bunch of parsley, 1 cup water).
    Thanks Scaper Like i said i have had several juicers and while they are good, they are a pain to clean. I also owned the "Health Master". Inferior product by far compared to the vitamix. It worked ok for few months and then the bearings started rusting (not stainless steal from what i have read now). I had to replace the base and the cannister is now leaking oil or some sort of gook!

I make protein shakes with soy milk for me, fruit, ice etc. My green drinks I put spinach, carrot, apple, broccoli, whatever. I have juiced just about everything at one time. I am looking forward to making broccoli soup and doing a lot with it, as it seems to have the capacity to handle anything.

Anyone that ever considers getting a health master or something even less expensive, it's worth the money to invest in the Vitamix if possible. They are well worth the money and a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ-MN View Post
    Anyone in the community juice? If so, would you mind sharing a recipe that you enjoy? thanks. I say this becuase I just started; the clean-up is a slight downer, but the effect of juicing is incredible, so far.
    TJ-MN,

Just wondering if you are still juicing and how's it going? I am loving my Vitamix. Making fresh juice everyday, making my protein shakes. Have also made a couple different soups and strawberry sorbet as well. Still yet to make Almond milk, but i'll get to it. I used a juicer for years, but now as I say switched over to the emulsifier.