Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: nerves

At least you saw a couple hot guys on your trek. Yes, take your chair next time!
    Rest up now.

Didnt the clinic/hospital have a chair you could use?

i am having the sameee problem ): the muscles in my arm are getting the signal to move and i have been working out everyday to try n get them stronger but i have had no luck. tell me if u find something that helps.

The VA proided me wth a new manual w/c, which I'm supposed to use 99% of the time to prevent the herniated disks from geting worse, the new MRI showed they're herniated twards the cord, and now one's (L4/5) squashing the sciatic nerve in both directions now, as well as heading for the cord. The L5/S1 is herniated squishing both sides of the nerves & heading for the cord, too. Must be why the finally deided to take care of it - I saw the surgeon yesterday. He's going to try to do both my arm (the cubital tunnel) and an open laminectomy (as opposed to what?) at the same time. He said he'll do my back first, then the arm. Now I wait for them to schedule me with the gas passer, then they'll set the surgery date. I'm thinking January, but we'll see.
    My computer's down, so I'm using my brother's right now, so it's not easy getting computer time & getting over here isn't such an easy task, either. I'll get back when I can.

Thanks for the update Coleen!

Wow...hope all goes well. Please do keep us updated as best as you can. I know its awful to be having computer troubles, expecially when you a trying to find answers.

Hi - I'm back. I fell again, and now my left leg is essentially dead. I'm only allowed to 'stand' to transfer now. Damn. I know one thing, it ain't easy making T-day dinner from a chair! I'll let you know how it goes...

At least you got a NEW chair...see something to be thankful for.

Sorry. I am tired, just wanted to say Hi.

I'm thankful for the chair! Even my little guy can take it down (which he thinks is 'fun') & put it back together.
    I'm starting on the baking & prep work today - I usually do, but I start it in the evening. I just thought I'd get ahead of the game this time around. It's a good thing I did, too, because I'm out of oil & heavy cream - thank the stars (and my parents) for brothers!
    I rigged up a basket under the rear of my w/c with a belt acrodd & bungie cord, so now at least I'm not making a bunch of trips for things.
    You have a great Thanksgiving!

You sound so cheerful. I am glad things are going better for you. I got lucky this year, well kinda...I am not really making anything. I just cooked all last week for 150 people for my daughters wedding. So I have some left over sliced cheese, put it on a plate with some crackers. I have some left over fruit, put it in a pretty dish and I have 10 cans of pillsbury french loaf left over so I will bake that, which is just open a can and put in on the cookie sheet.