Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG! I could be a comedy writer...

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    BTT: T, I've thought the same thing. Sometimes I'll comment on a
    story and hear a similar comment made by people like Maher, O'Brien,
    or Seth Meyers. It makes sense. We wouldn't watch them if we
    didn't share their sense of humor. You couldn't be a comedy writer
    because you'd drive everyone nuts correcting their grammar. HA!
    Yes, I told my dad about this and I suggested that my consistently watching and enjoying comedians allow their senses of humor to have an impression on me and shape my own, and thus, make me quick as they are.

Jay Leno made a similar joke.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I'm sure it won't be too long before a famous comedian uses your joke about Jewish people asphyxiating in concentration camps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alick View Post
    I'm sure it won't be too long before a famous comedian uses your joke about Jewish people asphyxiating in concentration camps.
    It was your prime minister that allowed it to happen.

Don't bullshit me when most of the world turned their heads while the Jews were being persecuted. I have an excellect book on the Holocaust that is chronologically presented and reporters were telling people for a LONG time about what Germany was doing to the Jews and other people, but few gave a shit.

Alick, this one is just for you. This is from Lisa Lampanelli's Take It Like a Man:

Lisa Lampanelli: This guy in a wheelchair snuck up to the stage, I didn't even hear the freaking wheels and he tells me, "You know, I resent that you didn't include me, we can take a joke, too." Well, it was more like, (pretends to speak retarded) "We can take a joke, too." Like that. Don't get me wrong, it was really cool Luther Vandross came to the show. (audience laughs and reacts) Oh, don't moan! It used to be Christopher Reeve, but he died. Playing charades was fun with him.

What was the point of bringing this up?
    Todd apologized a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I even confessed it to a priest. My penance was horrible and tasted even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Because he proclaimed 'OMG I could be a comedy writer', which based on that thread is probably not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    It was your prime minister that allowed it to happen.

Don't bullshit me when most of the world turned their heads while the Jews were being persecuted. I have an excellect book on the Holocaust that is chronologically presented and reporters were telling people for a LONG time about what Germany was doing to the Jews and other people, but few gave a shit.

I take it all back, you could be a great comedy writer. You could base your material on a guy who reads a few books and so thinks he knows everything.

Because he proclaimed 'OMG I could be a comedy writer', which based on that thread is probably not true.
    Alick, I have no bone to pick with you personally. I did not find the joke funny either, but realize the spirit it was told was not with malice.

I just feel if someone has been chided and apologizes it should be the end of it.