Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best bluetooth set up

Best bluetooth set up

About a month ago driving into the Twin Cities I missed a turn onto the exit ramp on the freeway because I answered an important call on my cell (I very rarely talk on the cell while driving) because as you all know, dealing with handcontrols and holding a cell phone doesn't work. I'm not a fan of the ear piece, I just don't like it. So I installed a hands free bluetooth set up www.parrot.com in my truck and it's exactly what I've needed for a long time.
    So easy to use! When you recieve a call while listening to your stereo, it mutes the radio and you hear the person your talk'n with over your car speakers. LOUD AND CLEAR!!!! The set up I have also has MP3 set up. I highly recommend this product if you don't like wearing the ear piece like me.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

what phone do you use it in conjunction with? how much did it cost? Looks nice Definitely a consideration for in car...I like my blue tooth headset but it bounces around on my ear in the car....so the speaker system might be nice to use
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Which Parrot did you get? I have been looking at these too but not sure.

I have a new mini van which has bluetooth capability embedded in it. My current cell phone isn't compatible with it. Was going to upgrade but my only concern on being able to speak freely from the radio is what if there is a passenger in the car. There is no privacy with the call. Maybe I'm mistaken. Please let me know if I am.

Quote Originally Posted by cara_m View Post
    I have a new mini van which has bluetooth capability embedded in it. My current cell phone isn't compatible with it. Was going to upgrade but my only concern on being able to speak freely from the radio is what if there is a passenger in the car. There is no privacy with the call. Maybe I'm mistaken. Please let me know if I am.
    are you really asking if a passenger would be able to hear a call through the speakers? um... use a headset if that's a concern.

Bluetooth Headphones

These work for me and same thing with the iPod as far as muting when a call comes in. Also great for using at home with sound from the Pc or Mac. Very comfy and you can also hear ambient noise so it does not completely annoy your family!

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-S305-...6179141&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    are you really asking if a passenger would be able to hear a call through the speakers? um... use a headset if that's a concern.
    omg, funny shit there.

we have the bt in our altima, love it. i use the new plantronics as well. 750 i think. best bt i have ever used.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I agree, parrot is a very good device (have it in my Tundra) for hands free calling and alot less expensive than installing full blue-tooth into a car that didn't come with it originally (stock/factory). Built in bluetooth is fantastic imo and the best, safest route to talk while driving. Parrot, as the name indicates, is a great mimic to the standard blu-tooth.

And on the issue of compatibility, interestingly, some manufacturers are now designing their audio, navigation, communication controls etc. after or with a specific brand. For example MINI's new AWD 4D Countryman debuting this summer here in Denver has developed their system on the iphone (Apple) platform. If you're an iphone user, great, if not, other phones will work (e.g. Droid, etc.) but, from what I understand, will not be able to utilize all of the features offered.

Yes, and as Scott said, if you want privacy than an earpiece is probably your best bet although you may not want to be disrespectful to your passenger.

Technology rocks, onward and upward,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    Obviously I know that a passenger can hear the conversation lol. That is why I don't like the set up. As rare as it may be, there may be a time when a sensitive call from home or else where comes through that may not be suitable for anyone to hear, especially if the caller isn't aware there is someone in the car with you. I have an ear bud bluetooth and am able to press the button with my quad fingers. I only need to do that when I make a call because I only buy phones that have voice dialing. I also only by motorola phones because they are the only ones I can find that have auto answer options. If someone is calling me while I'm driving I never have to lift my hand from the wheel. After two rings it auto answers.

Paranoid and as neurotic as it sounds you would be surprised at the conversations I have heard from people who never completely hang their phones up with the iphones or similar ones. I have heard some hilarious and naughty conversations where I had to hang up and later warn them of their mishaps. Also a friend of mine is always butt calling me I would say hello hello and there they were in the background without a clue that they just dialed me.

Oh well, didn't mean to hijack thread. It is a nice option for some. Glad the op found something that works well for him.

right on... thankfully there are a bazillion options out there