Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Humor the best medicine ?

Is Humor the best medicine ?

I do have some of the koolest Dr's and surgeons

Sometimes surgeons or Dr's in general have no clue how ukky and gross or repulsive do I find a hose or needle sticking out of me lmao

Today was one of them monumental moment's
    Any Phlebotomist or Nurse or Surgeon basically know's I squirm at the sight of these tretrous contraptions of latex and metal etc...

The Dr De inflates the hosey bulb and gently pulls the contraption out of my stoma and I am looking in awe of ok < a hole in me / Maybe it was nerves or something but I cracked up as The surgeon looks at my face and he laughs but I am like feeling pukey inside my stomach which is normal for a wuss of my magnitude rofl.
    I know 4 months ago I had a 24 fr hose

He said let's try a 16 fr I was like laughing and asked him how does this heal from a 18 fr to a 16 fr he told me the concept and I couldnt look at my belly it just grosses me out so I look away

Probably 2 minutes later the frankenstein hose is now in me .
    Finally I breathe and relax

So I asked him why did they insert a smaller hose in me ?
    He said wait I have to look at a paper

So I kindly asked him and his nurse is this because of the recent medical reform and cutbacks ???
    We all busted out laughing

Sincerely;
    Gypsylady The Wuss
    Have a good day

smile and the world smiles with you... great attitude gypsylady, keep `em laughing!

Good one GypsyLady! Humor saves us when things are not really funny.
    I snapped a rubber band at Dave's chair yesterday and he accused me of picking on a cripple because he could not snap back. I reminded him he has ran over my toe with his chair and I can't get him back because his toe has no feeling.
    He calls himself the "Naked Flyer" when we are slinging him into the shower chair. If he is a smart ass I threaten to push him in the lift in the cul-de-sac for everyone to see. He said they would have to pay him a dollar. I remind him he has no pockets.
    Last edited by LindaT; 06-09-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spell

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Good one GypsyLady! Humor saves us when things are not really funny.

He calls himself the "Naked Flyer" when we are slinging him into the shower chair. If he is a smart as I threaten to push him in the lift in the cul-de-sac for everyone to see. He said they would have to pay him a dollar. I remind him he has no pockets.

Very funny Linda! When I was in the hospital, my sister called me the human piñata when I was in my sling. She threatened to put me on a float in the Fourth of July parade and make me throw candy to the kids for my therapy. One of the nurses was deeply offended but the rest of us just laughed.

Gypsy lady, you always make me smile!

Mary
    C5/6 complete 10/27/2009 MVA

"I'm going to try defying gravity." Elphaba in "Wicked"

So, about 8 years ago, DW is getting a colonoscopy. Doctor is taking pictures as the hose moves through. She asks for a copy. He says sure, and when he take the hose out, takes a picture of her face. He gives her an 8x10 print, divided up into 2x2 pictures of everythig the camera saw. She sent copies out with our Christmas cards.

Quote Originally Posted by QnMary View Post
    Very funny Linda! When I was in the hospital, my sister called me the human piñata when I was in my sling. She threatened to put me on a float in the Fourth of July parade and make me throw candy to the kids for my therapy. One of the nurses was deeply offended but the rest of us just laughed.

Gypsy lady, you always make me smile!

Mary
    haha-I love it! The summer before Dave's injury we were in a 4th of July boat parade. I made my sister (AB, she just owed me a favor-heehee) dress up like the Statue of Liberty. Since we still have the costume I may threaten to do this.
    This is what we did for Halloween...
    Ignore the grim look, he wanted everyone to see it.
    Last edited by LindaT; 06-09-2010 at 01:54 PM.

lol ur bird is priceless! what's it's name? without my sense of humor i'd be nowhere for sure.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Laughter & animals are the best medicine imo. Some people get caught off gaurd by my friends & my humor when it comes to being gimpy. Plus I'd just rather be happy go lucky anyways. Funny story, my old lisence plate was HAPY QUAD. Idk what I was trying to prove but most people asked,"what's a quad?" One day I rolled out in one hell of agrumpy mood & hear,"you don't look like a happy quadriplegic". I responded,"today I'm just a human one."

About being grossed out, nothing usually bothers me but my stoma has. Esp. the day my urologist stuck his finger down in it, ACK!

Totally! Ïf I'm ever diagnosed with a fatal illness, I'm going to eat Joan River's pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Totally! Ïf I'm ever diagnosed with a fatal illness, I'm going to eat Joan River's pussy.
    Oh Todd! I am going to spend the rest of the evening trying to erase that image from my mind!!!