Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to change from 24 inch tires to 25 with ti-Lite ZR --any way ?

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Do yourself a favor and stick with 24's then.
    Or switch to a 4" caster.

well another option would be to go to a larger front caster wheel... the good thing about starting to play/alter/modify your chair is that you learn about it - ie. what does what, what feels better, what works for you. A larger rear wheel will give you a longer push = more powerful "stride"

Have fun, be safe!

Could I switch up to a 25 inch Spinergy Lx wheels, and switch up to a 4 inch Caster ?

Quote Originally Posted by ldykawakii View Post
    Could I switch up to a 25 inch Spinergy Lx wheels, and switch up to a 4 inch Caster ?
    Yes. It will increase your dump very slightly tho...

Thanks, I am okay with slightly more dump in the chair. I really need to play more with the chair but i was always happy with the way it was set up originally, and having such a great DME I always just had him do anything that was needed.

Got looking for new wheels because I have a puppy who chewed 11 Spokes on my Spinergy Spox Wheels, and I had to reorder 11 new spokes from Spinergy to have a bike shop replace and re-true the wheels. Thought maybe it was time for another pair since the only extra I have are the wire spoke Spinergy that came with my older Ti-Lite EVO ( my first chair). Expensive fix for new spokes, etc.. on the Spinergys that the puppy chewed while we were sleeping. Devilish little guy buy can't stay mad at him.

lol.. puppy's will do that. Check out round betty dino wheels - they look like spinergy LX's but the spokes are puppy-proof (made of aluminum tubing)

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    lol.. puppy's will do that. Check out round betty dino wheels - they look like spinergy LX's but the spokes are puppy-proof (made of aluminum tubing)
    However the Dino spokes are BBQ flavored. Patented formula.

Throw on some 4" casters, that should make up the difference in height when changing to the 25"s

Thanks for the tip on Dino wheels. I am hoping he's past the chewing stage now, and that they'll be able to fix the Spinergys he's eaten.

I just got a pair of Round Betty's last week. I'm not too fond of them right now. They squeak, creak and snap with every roll. Not sure if they are just settling in or if this will be a problem. I'll wait another week and then call my DME.