Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Newly injured, new to forum -- Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by Mombo View Post
    Welcome to CC! We have the Ford E250, just like the one pictured. My son is 6 ft. and in a manual chair. We did not have to lower the floor, just popped up the top and had the Braun lift. The van rides really nice and does not "bottom out" like my son's Uplander. When he started driving we bought him a Chev. Uplander - nice van, but bottoms out ALL THE TIME as do most all lowered vans. Good luck with the van and, again, welcome!!
    I'm so glad you like your E250. With the back pain I have a smooth ride is just what the doctor ordered. And with the $ fortune I paid for this gimp-mobile, It better ride like a Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsLucy View Post
    Welcome Fred!
    My teenage son is 6'3" -- we pretty much custom order everything. He uses a manual chair (L1 para). He had trouble with blood pressure/dizzyness/nausea the first year or so -- now it isn't a problem.
    Can't say enough about getting a good exercise/home PT routine established. It's done a world of good for my son physically and mentally.
    Stay strong!
    I have to customize a lot of my equipment or suffer with less than ideal. What a bummer! Thanks for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin'guy View Post
    Hey, welcome, and your getting busy right about now, with a wedding comeing up. Close to my wife and my anniver. it's the 13th, 40 freaking years, gawd I'm getting old. You'll enjoy this site, give you more info than you thot you'd need.
    I am busy right now. As I write this note, my fiance is picking out my wedding suit and attire and she wants my opinion on every aspect. Whew, how exhausting! Happy anniversary to you.

Welcome! This can be a really caring, supportive "family". (MOST of the time! ) Congratulations on your engagement! You can get lots of help here with the many issues that come up with SCI.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    Welcome! This can be a really caring, supportive "family". (MOST of the time! ) Congratulations on your engagement! You can get lots of help here with the many issues that come up with SCI.
    This site is great. I plan to be here most every day.

Hello Spotted Cow,
    We also live in Madison and my brother is C5 from an mva here in Madison 10 years ago, he spent 6 months in UW hospital, 4 in a coma. We have a house on the west side, in Arbor Hills and are loving the neighborhood. Please feel free to PM with any area-specific questions. Try drinking a full glass of water before getting up in the am, really helped Jim. And congrats on the wedding- have fun! Deb

Quote Originally Posted by lilsister View Post
    Hello Spotted Cow,
    We also live in Madison and my brother is C5 from an mva here in Madison 10 years ago, he spent 6 months in UW hospital, 4 in a coma. We have a house on the west side, in Arbor Hills and are loving the neighborhood. Please feel free to PM with any area-specific questions. Try drinking a full glass of water before getting up in the am, really helped Jim. And congrats on the wedding- have fun! Deb
    Hi Deb.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I can't imagine being in a coma for four months and how hard it would be on the family. Arbor Hills is a nice neighborhood indeed. Thanks for the wedding wishes and maybe I'll PM you soon.

Talking

Yeah, I'm thinkin' you might be a "little" busy for a while! When you newlyweds settle down let us know and you guys should come over for a little dinner, spotted cow and cards, although we are bigger on the cardgame of Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by lilsister View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinkin' you might be a "little" busy for a while! When you newlyweds settle down let us know and you guys should come over for a little dinner, spotted cow and cards, although we are bigger on the cardgame of Hearts.
    That sounds great, I'd love to come over. Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know what MVA is. You'll have to let me know. Take care, Fred.

Probably 'motor vehicle accident'
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!