Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Newly injured, new to forum -- Introduction

Welcome, Fred! Sounds like you are doing great, and congrats on your pending nuptials!

Please also join our Veterans Forum. Did you have your SCI rehab and/or are you getting your SCI care through a VA SCI Center?

Has TENS been tried for your back pain?

(KLD)

Welcome!

I know you're enjoying being home, no doubt. I wish you the best when it comes to adjusting, staying healthy, finding relief & moving on with your fiance.

Welcome Fred!! So glad that you found this site!! I have family that lives in WI. A big CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding!! This site and the people on it are wonderful and extremely helpful on so many issues.

Welcome again and ask away .

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Welcome Fred! So glad you are home but sorry to hear about your problems with pain. I live very close to Madison and was med- flighted to the UW Hospital after my car accident in October 2009. I am also a C-5 complete. Luckily, I was only in the hospital and rehab for two months and have done very well since I've been home. Where did you do your rehab?

I have not been able to attend any SCI support group meetings yet because my husband (and driver) always has school board meetings on the nights and that SCI meets. I hope to go to an Achilles track club meeting this week.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I wish you both the best!
    Mary
    C5/6 complete 10/27/2009 MVA

"I'm going to try defying gravity." Elphaba in "Wicked"

Welcome aboard Fred. Can't imagine someone from WI having a name like Spotted Cow

I'm a diving injury also, C5-6 incomplete from a dive into the farm pond back in '72. Great information here. Your BP will get better the more you fight it.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Hey, Fred. Welcome.

I'm also a 6'4" C5 complete. Have trouble finding pants that cover both your ankles and bumcrack? Try Carhartt. They carry 36" inseam. I suggest the double front pants. They make my legs look half normal.

Welcome Fred...Sorry you had to even be looking for us but glad you found the site. It is a wealth of information and even comes with a few resident smart asses to boot.

Anyway...feel free to ask questions or vent.

Congratulations on your marriage and good luck in your recovery.

Oh and I love the spotted cow....
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Welcome and congratulations also!
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Glad to have you here Fred.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

welcome