Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Newly injured, new to forum -- Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    welcome
    you're too kind. Thank you.

Welcome. I have had a Ford for 13 years and have had next to no problems. The one your getting looks similar in style of conversion.

Hi "Spotted Cow", and welcome! You seem like a very nice person. Your wife-to-be is a very lucky lady. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
    I hope the doctors can do something to help ease your back pain and BP problems. I don't have an SCI, but I broke my back when I was younger (I'm a "back cracker"). Chronic severe pain is no fun.
    Again, welcome and congratulations!
    --Sue

Welcome, wishing u and your wife love, happiness, and health!
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Welcome to CC! We have the Ford E250, just like the one pictured. My son is 6 ft. and in a manual chair. We did not have to lower the floor, just popped up the top and had the Braun lift. The van rides really nice and does not "bottom out" like my son's Uplander. When he started driving we bought him a Chev. Uplander - nice van, but bottoms out ALL THE TIME as do most all lowered vans. Good luck with the van and, again, welcome!!

Welcome Fred!
    My teenage son is 6'3" -- we pretty much custom order everything. He uses a manual chair (L1 para). He had trouble with blood pressure/dizzyness/nausea the first year or so -- now it isn't a problem.
    Can't say enough about getting a good exercise/home PT routine established. It's done a world of good for my son physically and mentally.
    Stay strong!
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

Hey, welcome, and your getting busy right about now, with a wedding comeing up. Close to my wife and my anniver. it's the 13th, 40 freaking years, gawd I'm getting old. You'll enjoy this site, give you more info than you thot you'd need.

Quote Originally Posted by fredmatt75 View Post
    Welcome. I have had a Ford for 13 years and have had next to no problems. The one your getting looks similar in style of conversion.
    You and others seem to be happy with the Ford models/E250. I'd be pretty darn happy iif mine lasts 13 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue132 View Post
    Hi "Spotted Cow", and welcome! You seem like a very nice person. Your wife-to-be is a very lucky lady. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
    I hope the doctors can do something to help ease your back pain and BP problems. I don't have an SCI, but I broke my back when I was younger (I'm a "back cracker"). Chronic severe pain is no fun.
    Again, welcome and congratulations!
    --Sue
    Hi Back Cracker. Thanks for your felicitations. My soon to be wife isn't the lucky one, I'm the lucky one. I'm very blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by macska View Post
    Welcome, wishing u and your wife love, happiness, and health!
    Peace, love, and happiness to you. I'm really working on the health part. Hopefully things are going well with you.