Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowel Accident Cleanup

YBill, I hope your day got better. Been there. hope the dryer gets fixed ASAP.
    For whites I bleach, the sling I wash and rinse twice in warm water.
    If the pants are old I sometimes just toss them. (after wrapping in a plastic garbage bag) It makes me feel better just to not have to deal with them.
    Of course this is not always possible.

Suggest using Oxi-Clean, or a color safe bleach when you wash. We have had this issue before and have rinsed well in toilet, then used a color safe bleach, and Oxi-Clean which is awesome--put it on sanitary cycle of our LG washer w/ extra rinse.

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post

We use the pet accident enzymatic cleaner-type products when washing fabrics that can't tolerate bleach.

Pretreat the item by saturating the contaminated areas with the enzymes* and letting it set for 30 minutes or so, then wash it in the hottest water the item will tolerate. You can repeat as needed. We've used the enzymes on just about every kind of material out there, and nothing's been damaged by it (yet?).
    This also works well on mattresses, cushions and carpets.

Quote Originally Posted by ldykawakii View Post
    Suggest using Oxi-Clean, or a color safe bleach when you wash. We have had this issue before and have rinsed well in toilet, then used a color safe bleach, and Oxi-Clean which is awesome--put it on sanitary cycle of our LG washer w/ extra rinse.
    What is your reasoning behind this? (That was a friendly question, but it looks unfriendly when typed!!)

Those products do not kill germs (at least the color safe bleach does not), so I was wondering if I was missing something.

Sanitay cycle .... oooh that sounds nice. Our washing machine has like 1 button ... WASH!

BTW: called the sling people today ... they said just to wash it. Hot water and detergent should kill everything.

Quote Originally Posted by YBill View Post
    BTW: called the sling people today ... they said just to wash it. Hot water and detergent should kill everything.
    That is good to know. I have just used the warm on the sling as was worried it would be hard on the material.
    For the price of these things the sling should walk over the the washer, jump in and start it with no help from us.

Thankfully i rarely have accidents anymore, but when they do happen, i just throw out the boxers i had on if the accident i had was a bad one. Then if anything got in the pants/shorts, i simply rinse them out in the tub with the hand held shower head. By that point, just washing them in the wash machine with regular laundry detergent does just fine. The next morning, i have my aide wash the tub good with the Clorox bathroom cleaner.

I do have sensation though which helps. When i start going, i can feel it happening so i can quickly wheel into the bathroom and transfer on to my shower bench/commode. I bring a chuck pad with me and put it under the bench in case i still have to go more. I also bring a plastic grocery bag with me to put the chuck pad in if i end up going more and then i throw the boxers into the bag unless i had only gone a drop which might get me to not throw them out.

The added bonus is that i'm now already on my shower bench and thus can just take a shower right away once i'm done with everything else.
    Last edited by TheDuder; 06-08-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: .

I get on the toilet and cut each leg of my underwear down the middle and then take my underwear away and chuck it. Then I clean up with wipes and shower.