Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Handbiking and the washroom

You could pull your wheelchair behind you but it adds a lot of weight for a long trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You could pull your wheelchair behind you but it adds a lot of weight for a long trip.
    It would definitely add too much weight.
    Never Give Up!

you know what im going to start doing is ditch the bacg, just put an ext on w/ a piece of tubing down my shorts leg towards the bottom of my seat, just pee and let it drain in the grass. an old timer hc guy i ran into showed me that said thats what the wc racers did and still do in marathons,.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    you know what im going to start doing is ditch the bacg, just put an ext on w/ a piece of tubing down my shorts leg towards the bottom of my seat, just pee and let it drain in the grass. an old timer hc guy i ran into showed me that said thats what the wc racers did and still do in marathons,.
    So it is clamped off and will only drain when you are in the grass?

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    When I had a big handcycle (which was stolen a few years ago) I would park near the restroom, lock my bike up, and have my boyfriend carry me into the restroom. We'd just use public park restrooms, which aren't always the greatest, but...

Now that I use a Dragonfly, so I can just pop it off my chair and head in to the restroom. It's pretty nice for getting around town and stuff as well.

This is one of the times that I appreciate that I now have a mitrofanoff, though, as I can be like one of the guys and just pull up behind a bush (this is what I do when kayaking) if I'm not near a restroom.
    Does the front wheel spin out much on you?