Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handbiking and the washroom

Quote Originally Posted by Miss September View Post
    lol brian and able chef. 4 got to mention I put a towl down first. Bit harder for us gals to pee on the bike in a bush
    Okay that sounds much better. I can see the problem for gals in the bush.
    Never Give Up!

Talking

I use a leg bag now, but before that I sometimes took handcycle into disabled toilets when they were big enough. then climbed from the floor to the toilet

goodluck
    You either have the world's smallest handcycle, or the world's largest restrooms.
    I bought a set of Wheelchair Buddies. They're great for longer rides, both for restroom/lunch breaks and if you have to do any repairs to your HC. It took a little practice to get the wc on the back, but they worth every penny.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

I do the behind the bush thing.

i do that at home but for me i dont have much time from the urge until its coming out my fire hose, lol. so i would need to limit my fluids which isnt smart or productive while training, hence the pee bag and ext.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

lol brian and able chef. 4 got to mention I put a towl down first. Bit harder for us gals to pee on the bike in a bush
    Ew, I could never do that I hope you use sanitizer once you get on the toilet!! Wear shorts like someone else suggested would be much easier than putting a towel down, transferring to floor & then onto toilet.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Check out the TravelJohn - for boys & girls!
    http://www.amazon.com/Travel-John-66...5961605&sr=8-2
    "Let your food be your medicine" - Hippocrates

I'd do whatever I had to do to keep feelin' that breeze rushing by. I wish I could splurge on a bike.

I always wear a belly bag. Sometimes with a leg bag I'll have trouble keeping my pant leg down, and a leg bag is not something I like to show off to passing cyclists. I always keep a length of tube on me to attach to the bottom of the bag and just drain it wherever. There have been a few occasions where I have ran out of foley catheters and had no way to wear a bag. I very successfully would just pull over, cover myself with a jacket or towel, and intermittent cath straight on the ground.

There is no way my top end force would fit in a bathroom. I wouldn't even try to attempt it.

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Check out the TravelJohn - for boys & girls!
    http://www.amazon.com/Travel-John-66...5961605&sr=8-2

Goat...that is just freakin' amazing! Great for emergencies.
    Never Give Up!

When I had a big handcycle (which was stolen a few years ago) I would park near the restroom, lock my bike up, and have my boyfriend carry me into the restroom. We'd just use public park restrooms, which aren't always the greatest, but...

Now that I use a Dragonfly, so I can just pop it off my chair and head in to the restroom. It's pretty nice for getting around town and stuff as well.

This is one of the times that I appreciate that I now have a mitrofanoff, though, as I can be like one of the guys and just pull up behind a bush (this is what I do when kayaking) if I'm not near a restroom.