Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: walking MS and doors people helping out

Quote Originally Posted by Unconstruct View Post
    I don't want to be helped in the bathroom either...
    IF I were a guy in your position, I'd wear a condom catheter. Since you have bladder control, you could just run the tube down your leg to your shoe...then just flip the end out & pee in the dirt.

I hope you go to the races. Don't deprive yourself of something you love. If it depresses the hell out of you, don't go again. I think you should give it a try, though.

Here is a tip for if you decide to go. Since you are not comfortable with being pushed in a chair, I'm assuming you are not too familar with wheelchair maneuverability. What I am about to say will be very important to remember. Explain to whomever is pushing you that he needs to keep the wheelchair in a semi-wheelie position (front wheels off ground) when pushing you through gravel. I was thrown from the chair once in a public/gravel experience. That would definitely put a damper on the day! Go & have fun!

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    IF I were a guy in your position, I'd wear a condom catheter. Since you have bladder control, you could just run the tube down your leg to your shoe...then just flip the end out & pee in the dirt.

I hope you go to the races. Don't deprive yourself of something you love. If it depresses the hell out of you, don't go again. I think you should give it a try, though.

Here is a tip for if you decide to go. Since you are not comfortable with being pushed in a chair, I'm assuming you are not too familar with wheelchair maneuverability. What I am about to say will be very important to remember. Explain to whomever is pushing you that he needs to keep the wheelchair in a semi-wheelie position (front wheels off ground) when pushing you through gravel. I was thrown from the chair once in a public/gravel experience. That would definitely put a damper on the day! Go & have fun!
    Ha-ha....that's a good suggestion. So far I haven't needed those or any help in that respect... My med program keeps me from springing on the sprinkler very well
    I know I'll be drinking a few beers..so I'l have to get in the bathroom somehow.... Last time I was there it had gravel all the way to it..... I'd need to be wheeled to the door then yanked up..cane in hand then walk over to pee lol.... As I said though..it is a big race night and it will be crowded... I fear being knocked over in the bathroom....I'll have to have assistance at least getting to the stall....but that even sucks.... It feels like a 5 year old getting taken to the stall by his dad..... I hate that thought.

Thanks for the tips.