Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Husband is T3 Complete, closed head injury

I'm sorry about each & everything you all must now endure as a family.

That was the most perfect letter. I believe you put it all out there, letting her & others know the daily grind as they would never imagine otherwise. There is more than the "chair", apparently she isn't remorseful for that so maybe the more bitter details will get to her.

Well, welcome & best wishes to you all!
    Last edited by quad79; 06-05-2010 at 11:00 PM.

That's a hard letter to read Jody. It's very powerful.

What has the girl and/or her family said to date since the accident? Have they talked with you at all?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Just want to let you know that I commend you for staying by your husbands side during his "re-training" period for yours and his new life. I'm a T-9 complete and my wife is my primary caregiver. Even though I'm independent, there are times when I need her help. You will get through this, just keep that great attitude and stay strong. I do not regret my wife being my caregiver, it's brought us closer in many ways.

Welcome, and keep us posted on Ryans recovery. If you need anything, just let my wife (Phyllis) and I know, we would be glad to share our experiences with you.

It will get better.

Terry
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Jodi,

I was sent an email when Ryan first had his accident that had a link to his Caringbridge. I have followed since then and just wanted to say that you guys are in my thoughts and prayers on a regular basis. I have CP so it is not quite the same as an SCI but, Ryans attitude through everything has been totally inspiring to me. I spread his story to all my friends (most who have just gotten their drivers permit) in hopes that they will understand that it COULD happen to them or they could hurt someone else in a split second; in hopes that it could prevent even one person from getting hurt and their whole world changing.

Jess

Just wanted to say I will be in touch. Have been in the hospital with Ryan for another uti since Monday. We have to get this figured out. Life is hard enough and these make it so much harder. I even had to drop my summer classes today. The urologist is stumped but concerned and determined to help us figure it out. This is his 5th uti hospitalization since end of October. Would love ideas of you have them for us-thanks!!

What does he use to cath? Does he have an in dwelling or does he cath every so many hours? if so does he use a new catheter each time or a closed system If you describe what and how he does it will help people suggest what might be the problem and or what is best given the situation

Yeah I suppose that would help, huh?

internally caths about every four hours with new cath kit each time using sterile technique (even though he was told he could do clean technique)

condom cath with leg/bed bag

This last infection his urine stayed clear the whole time. The urologist said some people are more prone no matter what but we still think this is excessive. He drinks a lot of both water and soda so I brought up soda to doc and he said that could contribute to problem but shouldn't be the cause.

He's doing much better now but it's so scary how fast they come on.

Quote Originally Posted by RyansWife View Post
    Our kids and I watched the helicopter come for Ryan but we didn't know it was there for him. We can see the accident site from the back of our house. We thought we could handle it and planned to modify this house for his wheelchair, but have realized that we're not going to get over seeing that spot everyday. So now we are getting the house ready to sell and planning on building on a lot about 15 minutes from here.

Jodi
    I get this....I make it a point not to travel down the country road my daughter was injured on. I have been emotionally/physically ill driving this road before. I can't imagine having to see the accident location from the kitchen window. Building new instead of modifying is a good route as well....good luck with the process.

Jodi,
    My son was also hospitalized numerous times for UTIs these past few months. No other symptoms but severe head pain. He is now on a maintenance dosage of Bactrim which seems to help, urologist wants him on that for a few months. I also ordered Microcyn gel, it was recommended on this site. We'll see if that helps.