Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botox for bladder

Botox for bladder

Anyone had this done or know the pros and cons???

Quote Originally Posted by newbee View Post
    Anyone had this done or know the pros and cons???
    Have you done a basic search yet? There are countless threads on the topic.

thanks!

k you said your practice uses 300 units of botox right? I'm being told there's been no real difference shown between 200 and 300 units [tho I don't know hw many sci'd patients they have]. do you know of any studies I can use as evidence or is it still anecdotal?
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

I just got botox'ed a couple weeks ago. My Uro uses 200 units(thankfully since it was OOP), and did 20 spots.

He did a clinical study, that I missed out on, but it was not on the amount of botox, just it vs. a placebo. It is not done yet, so no pub results.

For me, I seem to have gained about 50% more capacity, and almost no leaking. I'm happy so far.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    I just got botox'ed a couple weeks ago. My Uro uses 200 units(thankfully since it was OOP), and did 20 spots.

He did a clinical study, that I missed out on, but it was not on the amount of botox, just it vs. a placebo. It is not done yet, so no pub results.

For me, I seem to have gained about 50% more capacity, and almost no leaking. I'm happy so far.
    cool sounds good mcduff keep us postedim thinking of the botox too
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky View Post
    k you said your practice uses 300 units of botox right? I'm being told there's been no real difference shown between 200 and 300 units [tho I don't know hw many sci'd patients they have]. do you know of any studies I can use as evidence or is it still anecdotal?
    bump for kld

thanks mcduff
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post

Your uro is likely part of the same nationwide Allergan-sponsored Dignity study as mine, in which two different strengths of Botox (200 units and 300 units) were being compared to placebo, not just one. The study, btw, is still being conducted, however the trial is now closed to new participants.

I just passed the one-year mark for my second injection procedure as a participant in the Allergan study (the makers of Botox) and based on the duration of my results thus far, it seems likely that I received 300 units (30 injection locations). I'm entitled to 11 more procedures over the next 3 years (though clearly I won't need more than a small handful) all guaranteed to be at the same dosage strength, per the study's protocol.

I have had the injections twice. I do not recall the numbers, but was told that per protocol, I was being started at the lower dosage. It helped but could have been better. Second round was a higher dosage and it made a huge difference.