Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airport wheelchair design survey (Commercial)

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    VQ, they went the way of the dinosaur when the airlines decided to squish more seats into economy class. That made the aisles more narrow, and the era of the fridge dolly was born.

thank you! I should've realized that.

The fridge dolly was actually around before the user-friendly chair that I described came on the scene. That's why I was so perplexed as to why we would go back to the fridge dolly.

Aisle chairs = unfun. I feel more dis in one of those than at most any point in air travel.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Aisle chairs = unfun. I feel more dis in one of those than at most any point in air travel.
    I always want to put on one of these when I get in those frickin aisle chairs: http://www.amazon.com/Hannibal-Lecto.../dp/B001BFZ83M

aisle chairs are demeaning, etc

One of the main reasons in designing a new chair to be used in the airports is definitely the aisle chairs... aka fridge dollys, mummy wrapping included. They are very demeaning in talking to people who have had to use them and uncomfortable among millions of other adjectives that describe how bad they are. I am happy that this forum is showing the continuing trend of hating aisle chairs because it is more proof that they should be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I always want to put on one of these when I get in those frickin aisle chairs: http://www.amazon.com/Hannibal-Lecto.../dp/B001BFZ83M
    Hysterical!

Quote Originally Posted by envite_design View Post
    One of the main reasons in designing a new chair to be used in the airports is definitely the aisle chairs... aka fridge dollys, mummy wrapping included. They are very demeaning in talking to people who have had to use them and uncomfortable among millions of other adjectives that describe how bad they are. I am happy that this forum is showing the continuing trend of hating aisle chairs because it is more proof that they should be eliminated.
    Continuing trend? It's always been that way.

FYI, you're trying a little too hard.

Continuing trend, why yes it is an unfortunate one that i plan on changing

definition of trend: the general course or prevailing tendency.

aka the way it is and has been for a prevailing time. aka its been like that forever. And they are terrible. That is why the design of wheelchairs used in airports, etc must be rethought.