Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poop, Arms, Sleepiness

Poop, Arms, Sleepiness

I on average have a decent bowl program, I go every other day. Normally I just manually clear out whats there and that activates what ever is left to fall out. However once a month I get messed up and won't be able to go for 4-7 days. I am on another 7 day'er, I have eaten loads of laxitives, drank formulas, found nothing magic about these magic bullets(used 3 back to back), 2 enemas, and lost many hours sitting on that uncomfortable bath chair. All this in 1.5 days. I have eaten plenty, so I know I have lots of waste stored up. Can someone out there please tell me what technique, chemical, or action I need to take to void this stuff from my body? This is the one hurdle I cannot seem to clear with ease.

Secondly my arms seem to have shrunk in size, what gives? I am active daily, transfer all day long, and cover lots of ground in my chair. My arms ache like never before, wrists, forearms, biceps. My Triceps are seeming to dissappear, very odd.

To top all this off, I have been tired. I get up daily at 6, at work for 7:30, and home by 7pm. I have always worked this much, just lately I can't keep my eyes open, and seem to breathe heavy.

Perhaps I have just become out of shape, weak, and a total complainer. But I don't think so. I am open to all advice, comment, or sarcasam. Simply looking for someone to see my issues through different eyes than mine and perhaps give me a path to follow that I have not tried yet.

We need to know your level of injury, how long, etc. It could also be that you just really need a vacation! As for the bowels - maybe you just need a daily dose of stool softener and a senna laxative the nite before your program. If you have been injured for a while, it could be you just need a little more help now. Also, the Magic Bullets quit working for my son and we switched to Enemeez - he is back on track and doing well. My son also lifts weights with the Uppertone machine (he's c6/7) and notices immediately when he misses a few days. He thinks because of his injury his muscles want to lose "bulk" much quicker than an AB person. I hope this helps!

miralax works wonders for me.

Not much we can advise with so little information provide. At the bare minimum, please complete your profile, and indicate how long you have been injured and your actual level of injury. Knowing your gender would also be helpful.

(KLD)

Hey Charlie, I don't think you're a whiner at all. But as the others have said, it's kind of hard to advise you on what to do differently or figure out what's going on without knowing more about your injury, current bowel program, etc.

Re: your bowel stoppage, you know you need to get to the ER if you start producing liquid stool, have abdominal pain, run a fever, etc., right?
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Sorry everybody, I thought I had my profile filled out. I am a C7 functuning as a T1. Injury happened 1 year ago today. I am 37 years old, and a male. I take 1 Senna laxative, and 1 stool softner daily. Like I stated, I am normally really consistent, it just goes crazy every now and then.

I am going to work out more on my arms and see if they come back. Really strange how fast the bulk falls off.

Profile filled out now

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodcharlie5 View Post

I am going to work out more on my arms and see if they come back. Really strange how fast the bulk falls off.
    I am a C-7 with good biceps and triceps. After 55 years post injury, some of the non-functioning muscles in my forearms have atrophied, but my triceps and biceps are still quite respectable despite no exercise other than routine daily activities. I do not hesitate to wear sleeveless shirts. lol Is your loss of size in muscles that are still working?
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

My husband has a t4 injury with the same bowel issues. has tried everything but it continues. Will check in, hope someone has some thing helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    I am a C-7 with good biceps and triceps. After 55 years post injury, some of the non-functioning muscles in my forearms have atrophied, but my triceps and biceps are still quite respectable despite no exercise other than routine daily activities. I do not hesitate to wear sleeveless shirts. lol Is your loss of size in muscles that are still working?
    My inner forearms have shrunk, and I cannot use certain muscles there. I have total control of Biceps and Triceps, it my Triceps that have shrunk in size.