Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why is kennedy krieger so expensive?

why is kennedy krieger so expensive?

i don't understand you kennedy krieger costs 3-4 times more than most other rehabilitationcenters. what do they have or can offer that project walk or sci-step don't?

you pay for the brand name. ive been to kki but not the other 2. ive seen tutorial videos for them and from the videos the other places seem better. not to say kki is bad though

okay... what training did you do in kki, and for how long

KKI is private enterprize.

I get my care there and would not go anywhere else. I have experienced PT and OT doing my care, access to numerous modalities and then am set up to do my rehab at home with monitoring via blue tooth and email.

KKI is a non-profit hospital. They accept health insurance. Project Walk and the others don't because you don't have trained physical therapists working in conjunction with your doctor.

Anyone else have access to a tread mill in a pool? Also, 1 4 hr appt is billed as one PT appt. so I get more bang for my buck.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I think its ridicilous how expensive it is. Im sure insurence only pay for a week or two, and thats not near enough.

I think its ridicilous how expensive it is. Im sure insurence only pay for a week or two, and thats not near enough.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how expensive is it?

i think around 400 $ an hour

Quote Originally Posted by mv740 View Post
    I think its ridicilous how expensive it is. Im sure insurence only pay for a week or two, and thats not near enough.
    I believe that there is an international fee as well as a US fee. Many major US hospitals charge this way. My insurance pays for 30+ days. The reality is they set you up with an outstanding home program, and you can do it at home. If you view it that way, it is more cost effective than other programs where you stay for months.

Just my personal experience, you asked for an opinion and I gave mine. I would suggest you check and see if they can process your International insurance----I know folks that have done that and had portions of their fees paid.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

okay sounds good. but i look for a place to stay for 6 months or perhaps a year. so it may be to expensive