Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowel accident clean up tip

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Huh? Sorry for the ignorance, why?
    I'm sure this isn't a complete list for why quads might not wear underwear but here goes:

- It's one more layer in getting dressed (time, energy, ...)
    - It's one more thing that can cause an occasional problem with a leg bag system
    - A lot of quads get dressed for the day once and have a hard time adjusting their clothes throughout the day (for example my pants can drop a few inches by the end of the day; underwear would complicate this even more and could be riding me in various ways if I do a lot of transfers)
    - when you have an accident it's one more layer you have to deal with
    - as a SCI individual you're probably sitting all day so is the support that underwear provides really that valuable?
    - for quads straddling the total independence line (in a multitude of ways) it's just easier to keep your life as simplified as possible and underwear can be just another unneccesary thing
    - quads are usually taught this in rehab

Sorry Prerun, if I stepped in and answered a question that was intended for you.

The adventure's of cleaning up your own poop, good tips...I throw away cut underwear im quadish too c6-7 and crazy as hell jk...
    My wifey 1st discover cuttin them off.
    *Add underwear to monthly med, supplies.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Patton57,

You hit the nail on the head! I was suffering from AD needlessly for the first few months after my crash because of underwear. I haven't owned underwear for 20 years. I'm also extremely lucky to rarely have bowel accidents. I really can't remember my last one.

If there is a "code brown" they go in the trash.

Here I thought I was being lazy for tossing hubby's "code brown" underwear. Thanks for making me feel good about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    I'm sure this isn't a complete list for why quads might not wear underwear but here goes:

- It's one more thing that can cause an occasional problem with a leg bag system
    - A lot of quads get dressed for the day once and have a hard time adjusting their clothes throughout the day (for example my pants can drop a few inches by the end of the day; underwear would complicate this even more and could be riding me in various ways if I do a lot of transfers)
    - as a SCI individual you're probably sitting all day so is the support that underwear provides really that valuable?
    - for quads straddling the total independence line (in a multitude of ways) it's just easier to keep your life as simplified as possible and underwear can be just another unneccesary thing

Sorry Prerun, if I stepped in and answered a question that was intended for you.
    I wear boxer-briefs because without them on, Mr. Dick flops around to much if i'm going commando and this can lead to extra amounts of accidental wood situations. Not cool if say i'm transferring into my mom or sister's car to go somewhere, attending a family gathering, or any number of other situations where being sprung is not exactly something i want happening at that moment. That could be exasperated even further with nothing to keep it at least somewhat tucked in to where i a gotta try and cover a rock hard stiffy on my thigh at a family gathering.

glad to hear i'm not the only one throwing clothes out. over the years, i've tossed pants, shorts, sheets, towels, and cushion covers. it really does make clean up easier.

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    I would recommend this Good tip to those who wear night pull ups as it does make a big difference in cleaning up .
    Won't pull ups increase the likeliness of having sores?
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post

Thanks for the answer. Hope I didn't offend, all our struggles are so different and I was just curious. When I think about it, not sure why I do. When I was a walker it kept my junk from rubbing against my pants and irritating it, not like I have to worry about that now. Just habit I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuder View Post
    I wear boxer-briefs because without them on, Mr. Dick flops around to much if i'm going commando and this can lead to extra amounts of accidental wood situations. Not cool if say i'm transferring into my mom or sister's car to go somewhere, attending a family gathering, or any number of other situations where being sprung is not exactly something i want happening at that moment. That could be exasperated even further with nothing to keep it at least somewhat tucked in to where i a gotta try and cover a rock hard stiffy on my thigh at a family gathering.
    Man, I checked your age in your profile and expected you to be 18 not 40. Congrats on still sporting that much wood at 40 bro.

macska Actually no because it just gives me time to get in the shower
    Also Attends has these easy tear away sides it makes cleaning up soo much faster
    I never had a bed sore . I'd imagine if one person was to linger in their own feces or urine for long periods of time anyone could get sores either way .

you asked a unique question but I would think it would be cheaper in the long run to just throw away a pull up instead of keep on buying clothes to replace comfy old ones

Brands like Attends are discreet thin like reg underwear . I dont want to cut off my clothes never the less possibly ruin something I liked .
    My aunt told me about pull ups as she had worn them for years and she did not have sores issues .

Sincerely ; GL