Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: backpack advice

backpack advice

Hi,

I have a TiLite Areo-Z with push handles.

I hang my backpack from them like so:

The handles are problematic when I am trying to get the chair over me and into the passenger seat, I would love to take them off. Problem is I would then have no way to hang the backpack. I was thinking maybe a messenger bag, but tried one in a store and wasn't too successful. Does anyone have a similar setup and successfully attach something you can carry a laptop in?

Thanks,
    Tom

I have not had push handles for 17 years but have never had a problem hanging a bag on it

since you have push handles do people ever try and push you that you have not asked to or do not want to?

I have adjustable\collapsible push handles, they work fine.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    since you have push handles do people ever try and push you that you have not asked to or do not want to?
    Yes! There is a hill near my office and last week I had someone start pushing me up it without me asking, and then get pissed at me when I asked them to stop. Started lecturing me on "not being too proud". I am not a nice person when not properly caffeinated, I am sure they will not do it again

i have bolt-on push handles so when i hang my backpack i have to put each strap over the corners of the backrest so they dont slip down out of my reach. could you put the straps over the top of each backcane?

Lose those damn push handles and get a Tilite backpack - it has little loop/straps on the back. http://estore.tilite.com/ecommerce/C...D=601&IID=1090 You can loop them over the posts of your backrest.
    6/18/00: T-5 complete

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I was thinking maybe a messenger bag, but tried one in a store and wasn't too successful. Does anyone have a similar setup and successfully attach something you can carry a laptop in?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Thats how I do it. I flop a messenger bag in my lab, and throw the strap over my shoulder, so if/when the bag starts to slide off, it is hooked over my shoulder and I don't lose it.

I am sure it looks fairly awkward, but that really doesn't bother me, and I can carry several large textbooks, a laptop and all my papers without upsetting my balance point.

http://www.sportaid.com/down-under-shelf-system.html

i use this to carry around my laptop and some textbooks. you can get cheaper ones, but they tend to be flimsy. this one is very strong and has a backflap, so you cant look things out the back going up a hill! it fits at the same angle as the seat, so if you have dump your stuff is safe and shouldnt fall out the front. no one can see it when youre in the chair unless they look closely, and they cant see the contents

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Yes! There is a hill near my office and last week I had someone start pushing me up it without me asking, and then get pissed at me when I asked them to stop. Started lecturing me on "not being too proud". I am not a nice person when not properly caffeinated, I am sure they will not do it again
    My ZRa loaner while waiting for my chair had regular push handles and ppl were constantly "helping" me, or "taking away my independence" as I put it. I ordered fold-down push handles on my chair and they confuse the majority of good samaritans. I always ask ppl that offer "what would I do if you weren't here?" unless it's a beautiful woman.

I wonder how to get bumped up a flight of stairs with no pushers? They say not to lift a person in a chair with them, but everyone does.... any horror stories? I can picture the telescoping ones sliding out.