Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dennis Hopper dies

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    Oh so sad. He will be missed.

Obie - you cracked me up. I never would have guessed that about you.
    Really? Obie (and I!) quite enjoyed the 70's. Our mothers...not so much.

I'll miss the Dennis of his youth. Sadly he had long since passed, leaving a bitter greedy husk, by recent accounts. Apparently he was trying to disinherit his wife for fear she'd donate money to the liberals. LOL, age changes ppl, he became what he eared in his wild and crazy days. I hope he's up there in the fringed jacket, enjoying all that hair!

A fighter right to the end. His influence on my generation was prominent no matter your political views. Just a peek at the baby boomers thought process and our mark on the United States way of life. You will be missed but not forgotten.

T6 complete

That was one freaked out movie. Nobody really seemed to care about the dead girl, which seemed disturbing to me, but the movie was funny, too. A reflection on the times I suppose.

One of Hopper's better roles imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I loved him in the movie "the rivers edge" as the amputee vet who has a blow-up doll I forgot the doll's name but its a funny movie. Its a bummer he's gone because he wasn't that old.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    That was one freaked out movie. Nobody really seemed to care about the dead girl, which seemed disturbing to me, but the movie was funny, too. A reflection on the times I suppose.

One of Hopper's better roles imo.
    That movie was based on a true story, I remember reading it in Rolling Stone.

such interesting timing to me, 2 months after the death of my cousin who Hopper modeled for his character of the crazy photo journalist in Apocalypse Now. Also, they both converted to Republicansim in their later years and were lucky to die at 74 given their drug fueled eary years.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer