Thread: I CAN'T get rid of Callus

I CAN'T get rid of Callus

i got this sore from a tight shoes 2 years ago. I tried the pads ( band aid) but ended up with bleeding. I tried ANY cream, soaking , and been bare feet for the last 3 months. I met 4 different podiatrists and they all said its goes away eventually ( when???? ). I'm sick of it. Any idea?

the open sore can be treated with concentrated pure aloe. the callus.. hmm toes are tricky. personally i like calluses as they protect you. but asthetically they aren't cool. u may want to try the aloe on them as well to soften them, as well as do soaks. i dont recommend pumice on toes as the skin is too thin. keeping it hydrated will help minimize the look
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

The thoughts of bare feet for three months scares me to death. I would definitely wear shoes to protect your feet. The callus will go away, assuming you are wearing shoes that are fit correctly, and I do not think it will go away any quicker by being shoeless. Shoeless could cause lots of other problems though

I think your toes are curling which are causing the bony part to rub against your shoe. A few years ago 2 of my toes started to curl and I got a sore too, it was kinda scary. My remedy was to wear open toe sandals and when my feet are in I stick my finger under the toes to straighten them out. So far I've had no trouble with callus/sore. Like CG said keep it moistened with lotion.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I think your toes are curling which are causing the bony part to rub against your shoe. A few years ago 2 of my toes started to curl and I got a sore too, it was kinda scary. My remedy was to wear open toe sandals and when my feet are in I stick my finger under the toes to straighten them out. So far I've had no trouble with callus/sore. Like CG said keep it moistened with lotion.
    how long did it take for you to get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie_girl_ View Post
    how long did it take for you to get rid of it?
    Mine was an actual pressure sore, I put the silvadene cream on it and upped my protein intake and it took me about 3 weeks for it to heal. The one on your big toe looks like a corn and I'm not sure how to treat that. But for the hardened skin put cream on it and should soften up in a few weeks.

Please don't go barefoot.... it can lead to a ton of problems, not the least of which is injury to your feet from them coming off of the footrests. Broken toes, etc can also occur. It is best to wear soft shoes that fit correctly. Do not put any "donut" type appliances on the toes you are concerned about.... Softening the callus and corn is the way to go- soaking them and using a LOT of lotion will help. It does take time- 2-3 months usually and the care needs to be consistent.

I would recommend the following plan:

1. Don't go barefoot. Find shoes that fit well and make sure that your toes are not rubbing the top or side(s)of the shoes. Soft shoes like sneakers are probably the best, but not necessary. The Key is that they fit you correctly.

2. Soak your feet in warm (not hot) water daily. Afterwards, lotion them up. IF you do it at night, put a pair of socks on them to keep the lotion on - and so it doesn't get on the bed instead of your feet. Genhtly massage the lotion into your feet. It is best to use something like Eucerin cream that doesn't have any fragrance to it and is high in moisturizers.

3. The dried up skin should start to disappear. Don't take a razor or scalpel to them.

Hope that this helps.

CKF

I have a callus on my heel while going to the wound care clinic for a pressure sore on the right foot (almost healed now) the doctor told me to use diabetic foot cream that contains Urea ( I am not diabetic) on my foot and that should help rid me of the callus. Haven't tried it yet so can't say how it worked. Just looked and Eucerin has Urea in it or at least the one I looked at does. Eucerin Repair Foot Cream with Urea & Lactate
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Not for this issue specifically but I always leave my toes uncovered at night. I can’t feel them anyway so I like to give them time with no shoes, socks or pressure at all on them along with letting get lots of air. It has helped to heal some pressure spots etc.