Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Restore Stephen Baldwin

Restore Stephen Baldwin

Bill Maher brought this up on his last show and I laughed my ass off. He even joked that Stephen compares himself to Job and needs to be restored like Job, then Bill Maher said he needs to get a Job [saying the name, not the noun for a profession to make a punchline].

Exclusive: By now, there's a chance you've heard of or seen RestoreStephenBaldwin.org, a Web site aimed at raising money for the financially-struggling, born-again Christian actor. The site praises Baldwin's religious endeavors as the reason that people should donate money, which will then be given to the bankrupt actor -- who the site claims has been persecuted by Hollywood and the media for his religious views. The "privately funded and managed" site says it has no ties to Baldwin himself, and says its "vision is to see Stephen Baldwin publicly restored in front of millions ... to reach even more people with the Gospel."

Right off the top, let's clarify: Do you own, control or have anything to do with RestoreStephenBaldwin.org?
    No, other than my being aware of its creation, which came through the president of a ministry that I started. People contacted the president of my ministry and said, "We have this vision for an idea that could be big and very cool, and we want to run it by you guys."

So you gave them permission to use your likeness, but it wasn't your idea?
    Yes. I get people approaching me, whether it's in my movie career or whatever, with business ventures and all kinds of things. My understanding initially of what the vision of this idea ... I said, "Sure you guys run with that and let's just see if anything positive can come with it."

The primary goal of the site is to raise money to help you out financially. Have you received any money or compensation from it? Would you accept if they offered?
    Yeah, I would accept it, but I want to just clarify. What's interesting is the initial motivation was this vision to see if Christians and people of that faith might agree with an idea and the vision that he had, and the larger vision is this thing called 'All Who Knew Him.' I'm just somebody that agreed to be the first recipient of that vision. I'll be honest with you, I wasn't sure whether or not this thing was going to get any attention or have any awareness. I don't even know how long it's been out there, but it sat around for a while initially. As the result of one blogger writing something pretty nasty, that's what kind of became the catalyst for the awareness that we see now. Interestingly enough, I don't have any numbers, but a significant response in regards to donations has been triggered as a result of that. So, in other words, somebody wrote something mean, and Christians said, "Whoa, wait a second, maybe that isn't such a bad idea."
    So, is it for real, and is Mr. Baldwin involved at any level in the site asking for donations to "restore" him? In the only interview Stephen is giving on the matter, he spoke exclusively with PopEater to clarify exactly what his involvement in the site is (very little) and whether or not he plans on accepting money from them. "I'm not looking at it like it's some business deal for me. I'm not involved, I don't want to be involved ... It's a charitable situation and whatever God's going to do, God's going to do. If it turns out to be something that blesses me in a great way financially, then Amen," Baldwin tells PopEater.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/04/30/s...enbaldwin-org/

Darn...I think they took the site down, I cant find it! Apparently he was saved by his housekeeper, oh this is soooo good, I love Bill Maher.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Darn...I think they took the site down, I cant find it! Apparently he was saved by his housekeeper, oh this is soooo good, I love Bill Maher.
    It didn't work for me either. Maybe you're right; it may have caused enough stir to not sit well with people.

I wonder what happened to the $$ from Bio-Dome? A Baldwin classic!

I just read that his wife has re-formed Wilson Phillips and they are recording again, at least an album of Christmas music. I thought they had pretty voices in the day, so I might check it out come the holidays.

Bio-Dome FTW!!!
    the future takes a second to be...
    so close your eyes..
    and feel what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiellalove View Post
    Bio-Dome FTW!!!

ok, I know WTF but what is FTW?

ftw = for teh win! hold on for one more day! love wilson phillips! wait.. which brother is stephen again?
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I got the site to open....How come he gets money? Come on, I too have suffered...I need money...

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    ftw = for teh win! hold on for one more day! love wilson phillips! wait.. which brother is stephen again?
    The ugly one and black sheep of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    I wonder what happened to the $$ from Bio-Dome? A Baldwin classic!
    He spent it on whores and drugs before becoming born again.