Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pants/Briefs question

Quote Originally Posted by noirin's mum View Post
    Just another thing that has helped Noirin with her image and confidence is the wheel rims on her chair. When she was first injured at 4 she had Bratz wheels and she loved that people were looking at/commenting on these rather than staring at her. She has now moved on to horses and it is a real topic of converstaion with strangers and she proudly tells them all about TROY-the horse she rides! However i know there is an age difference but girls will be girls!
    my front castors have LEDs in them so they light up when i roll. also, bikes have LEDs that go onto valve stems, so u can add those for more color/visibility. it really helps for night time.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Don't just get yoga pants, get Lululemon. Vancouver's gift to the world. The men of the world that is.

http://www.lululemon.com/
    O. M. GEEEEE! I like the "no cameltoe" marketing, but $98.00 for YOGA PANTS!!???

I think if you wear your jeans/sweats or whatever loose or too baggy then yeah things are going to shift or slide down. I wear my jeans tighter and I also use a belt so they don't slide down when transfering.

MEM makes a good point about the broomstick style skirts. I wound up in the parking lot in my underwear, full on, b/c a full skirt got wrapped around a caster. I can stand, so had to stand up, step out of skirt, swivel and sit down in van. I wear dresses or skirts ~ 90% of the time, but they have to be fairly fitted to stay out of my casters. Dresses are great b/c they don't fall down. Elastic-waisted skirts do, and buttons or zippers on skirts make it tough for a quad to dress. Nothing can be easier than throwing on some undergarments and a dress. I like knee-to-midcalf length dresses with boots, myself. That eliminates the skinny-leg worry and the flashing worry, all at once. BUT I know I'm 50 years old and far from trendy. I always wore dresses, they've been my preference forever. Jeans feel like medieval torture b/c I'm used to not being bound in any way.

I'm w/ MEM about 3/4 length sleeves and not purchasing blouses that won't go over my hands when buttoned, as well. I like inexpensive leather jackets, they work as wheelchair gloves in a pinch. For winter, I like nice cashmere sweaters I buy cheap on ebay. They always look nice, and just have an aura of luxury that I enjoy.

in winter here i have these fleece things that go up over my elbow, so i can put them over a sweater and not worry about salt n junk. scotch guard is my friend against road smudge on my clothes (i have a weird tendency to rub my forearms against my thighs) i hate wearing gloves but i have calluses where i need them. i dont like skirts as they make transfers super hard. i usually grab the pant leg to move my legs into position, can do that with a skirt. and i put my keys between my legs (held by my cute plushie, willis!) so, if i put him between my legs while wearing a skirt it looks hilarious (he is protecting my dignity! lol) i also have floating hips, so i wear my jeans slightly tight and this holds my hips in place, skirts dont so i feel all loose and unstable. but to each his own. it's about finding what you like

I recently saw a commercial on TV that Depend makes protective underwear that has prints and pastel colors on it. These might make her feel less self-conscious.

As far as the pants go, I always use pants that have an elastic waistband. They hide the diaper waist material easily, and they are easy to get up and down for when you have to cath. I found that the St. Johns Bay line that's sold at JC Penney are really well made.

Jessie
    (spastic paraparesis and L-4 SCI)

Quote Originally Posted by jessie.gray View Post
    I recently saw a commercial on TV that Depend makes protective underwear that has prints and pastel colors on it. These might make her feel less self-conscious.

It does not matter if they have rainbows and kittens and butterflies, a Depends is a Depends.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    O. M. GEEEEE! I like the "no cameltoe" marketing, but $98.00 for YOGA PANTS!!???
    But what they do for your butt is worth double that. Chip Wilson deserves the Order of Canada

They make boxers for boys and girls now -- I've seen everything from Spongebob to Hello Kitty in the stores. Trendy and can be worn over things.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    But what they do for your butt is worth double that. Chip Wilson deserves the Order of Canada
    my bum doesnt need any more sculpting or shaping. i put the BOOTY in ghetto booty.