Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: new!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Welcome Raf, I've been in a chair 37 yrs. this June 20th. Benn mentoring for a long time and am amazed but not surprized by your tenacity, way to go, that's what it takes. 3 months post is really new, lots can still happen. Work hard and stay positive. You made my day with your strength and determination. We're here for you, in the ups and downs.
    Thank you Patrick, I figure whining and complaining isn't going to make me walk again so it is just best to move forward. Just still trying to get used to the fact that its all happening? Does that make sense? Kind of like waking up and realizing, holy sh*t I can't move is this for real? lol I appreciate the fact I have a group of people that will listen.

p.s. im single guys! lol

Quote Originally Posted by rafiellalove View Post

p.s. im single guys! lol
    Welcome to the forum! You're absolutely gorgeous and have a fantastic attitude!! I'm sure you'll find a good guy here or somewhere sooner than later! If my wife wouldn't get mad, I'd come to the 'Midwest' and cook dinner for you! But that whole being married thing kinda puts a damper on that ya know!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    Welcome to the forum! You're absolutely gorgeous and have a fantastic attitude!! I'm sure you'll find a good guy here or somewhere sooner than later! If my wife wouldn't get mad, I'd come to the 'Midwest' and cook dinner for you! But that whole being married thing kinda puts a damper on that ya know!
    lol thank you!

Welcome rafiellalove. As the saying goes, glad you found us, sorry you had to

You seem to be doing well. CareCure is a great place filled with useful information and wonderful, caring people.

And now we have another
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Welcome rafiellalove. As the saying goes, glad you found us, sorry you had to

You seem to be doing well. CareCure is a great place filled with useful information and wonderful, caring people.

And now we have another
    thank you!

Raffiella, I am fairly new also. My accident occurred on October 27, 2009 when an elderly driver veered into my lane at 55 mph. You sound like you have a great attitude! Are there any SCI support groups near you? Or can your rehab center hook you up with a mentor? I think you have been very brave and have come a long way in three short months. I have found that the longer I am home, the better I get at handling things. I was terrified at first when my husband would put me on the electric lift and lift me into the van. It is all "old hat" now. I hated going places at first and the car ride was torture. We just got back from attending my daughters graduation from law school in Cleveland (nine hours away) and I had a super time. Everything gets a little easier as you get stronger.
    Good luck to you!
    Mary

thank you Mary, there is a group i go to once a week but im the only quad there are a couple paras and some head injuries in it. also im the youngest. sorry to hear about your accident it still must be tough. we traded my car in for a mini van which is nice and everything is nice for me i can just wheel right up into it took me a few tries to get into the right position to be locked in lol its hot out today and gross so im not lookin to leave today haha

I am actually loving the heat -- I have been so cold all winter! I tease my family that I now have the heating and cooling system of a reptile, LOL! I'm sorry there is no one younger in your group. I made good friends with a quad who is now 18. She was a C-5 complete like me, but is making remarkable progress since her accident at age 15. She is taking a few steps in rehab and has great control of her fingers and hands. If you like, I could ask her if she would be willing to e-mail you.

We rented a minivan for our trip and I loved using the ramp. When we need to replace our old van, I definitely want a minivan. Have fun at therapy today.
    Mary

oh i dont have it today its tues thurs friday im being lazy today lol (like everyday) haha

Here in Saint Louis,Mo it is really sticky and hot. All of the rain the past couple of weeks really make the humidy sore and the allergens come out.