Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: new!

Welcome, I hope this board and it's members can provide something beneficial to you
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

ty eileen you have no idea how nice it is to be in a place where other people know what i have gone through and what i am going through. my friends can only understand so much. like lately since im home they all want me to go do things and i have yet to want to. i get so nervous and freak out with anxiety and they just dont understand. and the having to explain soooo much to soooo many different people because people havent been educated with sci at all. its just good to be here im looking forward to reading what this place has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Welcome, I hope this board and it's members can provide something beneficial to you
    ty me too

Welcome to CC......Yea you have moved fairly quickly from rehab...I can relate with your mother driving you nuts..lol Been there myself
    T12-L1 since 10/12/03

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefxstb View Post
    Welcome to CC......Yea you have moved fairly quickly from rehab...I can relate with your mother driving you nuts..lol Been there myself
    thanks! i love her to death but too much is too much sometimes lol

Hi Rafiella, I think you are doing great and hope to hear more about you.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Hi Rafiella, I think you are doing great and hope to hear more about you.
    hi linda ty! i look forward to getting to know all of you. =)

Hi Rafiella! Welcome to CC. I love this site - I am sure you will as well.

As Sarah's Mom, I can tell you that I know I drive her nuts too. It is probably a good thing for your relationship with your mom to have made the decision that you have. I can tell you for sure that Sarah tries harder if I am not there. It has just been recently that my husband and I have began going on small trips without her - this has been good for all of us. Given us time away and given Sarah time without me. Coming home has been so nice for all of us. We have all had a breather!!!

yeah it is better this way my mom and i definitely get along better when we arent around each other all the time. she does come over during the day for awhile though but i can handle that its just when shes around me 24/7 when i go nuts. its only been a couple days since ive been here but it feels better. she is actually my caregiver for the most part, she gets me up, showers, cooks etc.. along the side of an aid who is kinda teaching her everything she needs to know. much love and respect for the moms who do it.

Welcome Raf, I've been in a chair 37 yrs. this June 20th. Benn mentoring for a long time and am amazed but not surprized by your tenacity, way to go, that's what it takes. 3 months post is really new, lots can still happen. Work hard and stay positive. You made my day with your strength and determination. We're here for you, in the ups and downs.