Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: new!

new!

Just saying hello! This forum was on a sheet my doctor gave me so I figured, what the heck, I will try it out!

Im Rafiella new SCI as of February 14, 2010. My ex-boyfriend and I were out for the evening and we got T-boned by a truck way bigger than the car I was in. It hit the side of the car I was on and flipped us into a ditch. C4-5 complete. I don't remember any of it really or the following 2 weeks when I kept waking up and asking everyone what happened a million times. C'est la vie right?

I'm just glad to be here and alive and yada yada. Just moved out of moms house (she was driving me nuts) and its very liberating after her hovering over me when I got home from rehab.

New friends welcome! A lot of mine dont come around anymore!

Hello,

I'm kinda new here too. Sorry to hear about your rotten valentines day. Seems like you've a good attitude given the giant life change.

Lots of experience around here. Start reading, start asking.

FM
    Last edited by sorefm; 05-23-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: grammar....

Quote Originally Posted by rafiellalove View Post
    Just saying hello! This forum was on a sheet my doctor gave me so I figured, what the heck, I will try it out!

Im Rafiella new SCI as of February 14, 2010. My ex-boyfriend and I were out for the evening and we got T-boned by a truck way bigger than the car I was in. It hit the side of the car I was on and flipped us into a ditch. C4-5 complete. I don't remember any of it really or the following 2 weeks when I kept waking up and asking everyone what happened a million times. C'est la vie right?

I'm just glad to be here and alive and yada yada. Just moved out of moms house (she was driving me nuts) and its very liberating after her hovering over me when I got home from rehab.

New friends welcome! A lot of mine dont come around anymore!
    Welcome, it is unbelievable that in 3 months a C4-5 complete can go from injury to rehab to moving out of mom's house! You must have an amazing drive and willpower, I am in awe of your accomplishment.

Welcome to CCC. Lots of good information here. Just be careful in the politics forum....it's filled with man eating sharks!

Hi, Raffiella
    Welcome to CareCure. You must have a good doc, to get a referral to here! I originally found it by searching the web, not having any idea what I'd find. Over the years, I think we've learned more from CC than during rehab. Dr. Young is tops, the nurses are great, and many of the people here are extremely helpful. You'll find that some of the forums are excellent, and some have deteriorated into drivel, but chacun a son gout.
    - Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sorefm View Post
    Hello,

I'm kinda new here too. Sorry to hear about your rotten valentines day. Seems like you've a good attitude given the giant life change.

Lots of experience around here. Start reading, start asking.

FM
    thank you i try to do the best i can

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Welcome, it is unbelievable that in 3 months a C4-5 complete can go from injury to rehab to moving out of mom's house! You must have an amazing drive and willpower, I am in awe of your accomplishment.
    well let me kind of put this into spectrum, i moved out of moms and into aunts house (her sister) she really started getting under my skin and i was snapping at her all of the time and she didnt deserve that. we were around eachother an awful lot and i had to move out of there. and i just finished rehab not to long ago. also my aunts house is a little more accessible for me, one level, wood floors etc.. i will agree with the will power i try things all the time, i may fail but still try lol ty though

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Welcome to CCC. Lots of good information here. Just be careful in the politics forum....it's filled with man eating sharks!
    thank you! i dont debate politics so no worries lol!

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf View Post
    Hi, Raffiella
    Welcome to CareCure. You must have a good doc, to get a referral to here! I originally found it by searching the web, not having any idea what I'd find. Over the years, I think we've learned more from CC than during rehab. Dr. Young is tops, the nurses are great, and many of the people here are extremely helpful. You'll find that some of the forums are excellent, and some have deteriorated into drivel, but chacun a son gout.
    - Richard
    thank you! he actually had a sheet with a lot of forums and this was one that is actually being used a lot so i came here. i did look around but this one seemed best. but it will be nice to read around and see what is going on. thanks again for the welcome

People are really good about helping one another here, or answering questions you might have. Somewhere down the line you can also request entrance to the 'Women's Only' forum. You have to be a member for awhile and have some posts under your belt, but it is a good thing to look forward to since you will be able to ask questions (or answer them) without the boys in the school yard chirping in.
    It really does sound like you have made a lot of progress in a pretty quick amount of time. Good job!