Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worker's Comp, should we get an attorney?

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsLucy View Post
    I would call one sooner than later since there are statutes of limitations on some things.
    Agreed. My guess is that the $80,000 is an advance off of his final settlement. Have they offered an Voc Rehab assessment? That would evaluate if he is a canidate to return to work and in turn, it will effect his final settlement. I was a workers comp Voc Rehab counselor in CA. I represented the injured worked, did all case management and where possible located and obtained a reaasonable job that did not cause a client to loose SS and workers comp payments.

I was also an injured worked. I settled once without realizing it was a settlement---all of $300. When I was reinjured, they said 50% of my disability was pre-existing from the first injury and I had missed the filing date by one month.

Consult an attorney, if you don't it can cost you dearly in the future.
    And for what its worth--no one gets rich off of workers comp. I say this not for you but for folks who think it is a get rich scam.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Again, thank you! He did have a voc rehab counselor and was just getting excited about the chance of doing something with his new life when w/c stopped paying for the counselor. They said b/c he was a lifetime claim that they didn't have to provide training of any kind.
    I have a few calls to some attorneys in our state. kind of makes my stomach hurt, all of this. Glad I have you guys to bounce off of!

Quote Originally Posted by ging1218 View Post
    Again, thank you! He did have a voc rehab counselor and was just getting excited about the chance of doing something with his new life when w/c stopped paying for the counselor. They said b/c he was a lifetime claim that they didn't have to provide training of any kind.
    I have a few calls to some attorneys in our state. kind of makes my stomach hurt, all of this. Glad I have you guys to bounce off of!
    Each state is different but just because he is a lifetime claim doesn't mean he might not want to work. He can always go to state voc rehab--they would not consider him unemployable.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by ging1218 View Post
    They want it to make your stmach hurt so you will take less and go away......pls don't do that without legal advice.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.