Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Glee's' Artie: Why Make Him a Pitiful Victim?

Quote Originally Posted by arod636 View Post
    Being in a chair is pitiful
    Context. It's awful compared to being able-bodied, but we're not pitiful people just because we're dependent on wheelchairs. We cannot help this fact. Consider the amazing personalities on this forum. Just because we're disabled, it doesn't take away our ability to think and express ourselves to each other.

I didn't say people in chairs are pitiful I said being in a chair is pitiful an if someone disagrees then your life prior to being a cripple must have sucked donkey dick cause being in a chair is wack

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I wonder how many quads started practicing flipping the bird while still in rehab? LOL, I think I mastered that before I'd nailed down toothbrushing!
    That was the first movement I got back after my second tumor surgery. It was great fun showing everybody and anybody who wandered by my new trick.

Quote Originally Posted by arod636
    I said being in a chair is pitiful
    I was far more disabled the last few years that I tried to stay a walkie than I will ever be using a chair. Needing the chair isn't the greatest thing that's happened, but it's far from the worst thing that could happen to me, either (I don't think I'm the only one who'd happily stay in my chair if the freakin' pain would stop). Attitude counts.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by arod636 View Post
    I didn't say people in chairs are pitiful I said being in a chair is pitiful an if someone disagrees then your life prior to being a cripple must have sucked donkey dick cause being in a chair is wack
    Got you!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Context. It's awful compared to being able-bodied, but we're not pitiful people just because we're dependent on wheelchairs. We cannot help this fact. Consider the amazing personalities on this forum. Just because we're disabled, it doesn't take away our ability to think and express ourselves to each other.
    I'm sorry. I can't seem to get what you're trying to tell me. You may have to speak louder because I am in a wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    I'm sorry. I can't seem to get what you're trying to tell me. You may have to speak louder because I am in a wheelchair.
    LMAO!