Thread: Wheels in Motion: May 30th in Montreal!

Wheels in Motion: May 30th in Montreal!

Hey peeps, it's my annual pimpage for this years Wheels in Motion event. Y'all have been so amazing every year with your donations and this year is especially awesome because the money raised from this year's Wheels in Motion event goes towards funding my World on Wheels project. I've been so busy scouting around downtown, taking as many pictures as I can to create this map, I haven't had much time to do much else lol.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?client...38581&t=h&z=15

So that's the kind of thing money raised at this event is going towards.

Here's a little spiel on Rick Hansen:

Injured in a car accident at 15, Rick Hansen was a wheelchair athlete, and competed in the 1980 Paralympics. Then he had a better idea. Inspired by Terry Fox, he decided to roll around the ENTIRE FRAKKING WORLD in his wheelchair. 2 years, 34 countries, and 40,000 miles later he arrived back where he started from in Vancouver BC. Click here for more info about his journey. Since then he's been The Man when it come to spinal cord injury in Canada. His foundation has been the driving force behind research in Canada, in terms of both finding a cure and post-accident rehabilitation.

The Rick Hansen Foundation

On a personal note, when I had my accident my Dad was in a really bad state. My uncle Mike, who was a sportscaster for BCTV in the 80s and 90s, arranged for my Dad to have lunch with Rick Hansen a couple of weeks after my injury. It really helped my dad realize that I was still going to be the same person (for better or for worse ).

So every year, the Rick Hansen Foundation organizes Wheels in Motion (or as they say in these parts, Roulez Vers Demain). Communities across the country will gather on June 14 to raise funds for spinal cord injury research and rehabilitation. There will be a wheelchair obstacle course followed by a short march for SCI awareness. This year will be my third year helping organize the event here in Montréal. We received permission from the Rick Hansen Foundation to hold our event here in Montreal 2 weeks earlier than the rest of the country so as not to conflict with Formula 1 weekend and the million other events happening in June. It's gonna be a great time in a gorgeous park, so if you're anywhere near Montreal, come check it out. Of course, my rag-tag team of messengers will be racing again this year, and I'll be able to take lots of pictures and make a video montage.

Thanks again to all of you who've donated the past years! Including those who donated last year for Max. This years gonna kick some serious butt!

Click here to reach my donation page:

Thanks for your donation Heathquad!

man i wish i could go. i could prolly drive up there but no vehicle yet.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

No worries! I'm gonna have my usual crew of bike messenger/miscreants to compete.

lol no i just meant to watch and enjoy montreal

Oh you can do that vicariously through my website! Next week: Soccer-AC Milan at the Olympic Stadium!

ooh hey! next best thing. is it with french commentary?