Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unpredictable

You are a wonderful writer.
    And love to hear when kids go in the right direction..and are loved.

"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk foreward." FDR

You know John I just feel blessed every time I read anything you post .... I don't always respond but you do give me pause for thought nearly every time. It was in the stars for Noah to have you for his Dad .... and for him to be your Son ... no doubt!!

Obieone

Noah is now back in Oregon for the summer in order to attend the University of Oregon's summer sessions. On Friday, June 10th, Noah surprised the sixth grade reading class which staged the play inspired by his struggle with SCI, Unpredictable.

The students were delighted that he would appear unannounced. The substitute teacher was in on the surprise visit and invited the regular teacher who had initiated the performance. She brought her new baby Annika.

He handed out Cure Paralysis bracelets from the Miami Project and Cure SCI bracelets from sciwalker.com. He then did Q and A for an hour and departed. I look forward to hearing from the teachers about the experience.

John

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Originally posted by john smith:

Noah is now back in Oregon for the summer in order to attend the University of Oregon's summer sessions. On Friday, June 10th, Noah surprised the sixth grade reading class which staged the play inspired by his struggle with SCI, Unpredictable.

The students were delighted that he would appear unannounced. The substitute teacher was in on the surprise visit and invited the regular teacher who had initiated the performance. She brought her new baby Annika.

He handed out Cure Paralysis bracelets from the Miami Project and Cure SCI bracelets from sciwalker.com. He then did Q and A for an hour and departed. I look forward to hearing from the teachers about the experience.

John

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang
    Welcome home, Noah. I'm sure you've been missed.

You and your family are quite the treasure.

Rick

Very thoughtful and insightful. My parents are in their 70' and 80's,and they ask everytime they see me why did this have to happen to me. And I tell them its in the cards of my life,no one can change what happened. Though that does not mean I have to accept the outcome as final,but the start of very long road to travel,and its my ambition to have as many people travel it with me.I certainly hope your Noah travels with many a friend on his unpredictable road. God bless your family.

Make it your ambition to lead by example,to work with your hands,so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders,and so that you will not be dependent on anybody..Motley Fool

a little late to the discussion, but i found this through your link in my thread....

outstanding words john.....i'm going to share this with my family.....