Thread: My daddy is in the Hospital again

My daddy is in the Hospital again

My daddy is in the hospital for like the 4th time. I'm really tired of this because he has been in the hospital so many times. One kid at school said that I was being very cranky one day and I said that it was because my dad was in the hospital and he started saying how I should feel bad for these girls in my class because two of them are twins and they're dad has cancer and the other girl, her mom has cancer also so it wasn't as bad for me and I should get over it. First it made me sad then mad. I'm not sure how to think about this but I think that I am more mad at him then ever.

LJ Rose

[This message was edited by LJ Rose on 05-27-05 at 10:58 PM.]

I think it is equally sad when parents are sick or hurt in some way. I don't think that guy knows what he is talking about. I would have been mad too. He should mind his own bussines because he has most likely never had a parent in your situation. It's not wrong of you to feel cranky if your dad is in the hospital. I would be a little cranky too. You don't have to feel bad for other peoples parents, it's too much stress.

Dave.

Your probably right...he is really close to the twins so he thinks that right then and there that they had more important problems. But right now this is more important to me.

LJ Rose

Nobody can tell you how you're supposed to feel, especially a kid at school. He doesn't live in your skin. Anyway, I'd be ashamed of you if you didn't feel bad that your dad is in the hospital. You can tell that kid I said so too.

"...I mean the wheelchair would be a thing in the past
    And us quads can talk about the past and laugh"-Professirx
    http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

LJ I know how you feel. My mom was recently in the hospital and even though I'm way older than you, it's a scary feeling. That's something you never outgrow. Worrying about someone you love. It's hard to keep a smile on your face when you are so worried. Yes, it is very hurtful when people are unsympathetic, especially at a time that you really need their support. Hang in there. Things will get better!

~~~Honesty is the best policy~~~Treat others as you would like to be treated~~~Play hard, but play fairly~~~

LJ Rose,
    You don't have to be mad at anybody.
    This boy was trying in a strange way to maybe make you feel better.

And YOU know how the other girls feel. So you all can help each other through the bad times.

Hope your Daddy gets better and is home soon with you and your family.

"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk foreward." FDR