Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaking external catheters

Is there anything that will cause penile retraction to increase? I'm still having trouble with the externals coming off and leaking. When I'm laying down they've done pretty good. They leak much more often when I'm sitting up.

HELP!

I use the Rochester Wide Band condom catheters and even though they are one of the best options out there they are very inconsistent. I often don't bother trying to use the 5-10% of the ones that look like crap after I take them out of the package because they won't go on or stay on correctly anyway.

I have had a few boxes where 50% or more will be bad so I sent the whole thing back. I think this is a combination of them jamming too many into their boxes so that they get all mashed together and I also bet that sometimes these sit on a loading dock or in a delivery van in the heat or cold and the glue gets ruined.

Here is a link to some tips I posted in another thread:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...49#post1183549

Are you overweight? I have hard losing weight helps alot.
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Are you overweight? I have hard losing weight helps alot.
    CWO
    I'm not overweight at all. I do have the 'quad gut' which many have. I wear a binder to help with that. Any other causes of retraction? Any illnesses, UTI, etc?

johnnie, whats up homie? extrenal catheters are awesome, i have been using them for less than a year w/ minor mishaps. its all about technique n' passion when working w/ these babes. im rocking the hollister's and the coloplast formally mentor w/ aloevera, i switch between the two for various reasons. bigger silicone external catheter's are thinner as far as the catheter itself, making it alot more comfortable.

if my bowel hasn't turnded in days I rock the smaller catheters because this when i experience serious retraction. its fun working w/ these suckers. lol. theres a special process to sticking these babe's if you dont like'em slipping away from ur love machine. it all starts w/ a half wet warm washcloth, wipe and dry the cock [this processes gets me erected]. the second most important step is to unroll the cath until u feel the adhesive, while jr. is up place catheter on his head, be sure to get the adhesive as close to the piss hole as possible. keep retraction in mind but you gotta atleast get it on the ring of the head [note, it feels like a wild suction on you all day at first]. last but least is rolling it down like a condom w/ lubricant, you dont want to remove the jelly in order to maximize the experience. evenly roll it down slowly w/ two finger tips, opposed to using ur whole hand and dont keep rolling down on the same section of the condom.

i've been using external catheters since september of last year and perfectly tweaked my process since. the best and healthiest to remove it is to sweat, so every morning i stretch n' do range of motion for awhile. my catheters dont last more than a day. happy catheter sticking and i hope this helps.

p.s. the two pictures at the back of the condom cath package's are a really sucky help.

taping condom catheter

I am having trouble with the condom catheter coming off when I retract. Do any of you use tape to help hold the catheter on? I have used elastoplast tape before but I am afraid it might cause restriction of the urine flow.
    I use the Rochester self-adhesive condom catheters with skin prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hos View Post
    I am having trouble with the condom catheter coming off when I retract. Do any of you use tape to help hold the catheter on? I have used elastoplast tape before but I am afraid it might cause restriction of the urine flow.
    I use the Rochester self-adhesive condom catheters with skin prep.
    i use the rochester pop-ons with skin prep and elastic tape. the tape seems to help.

Despite all the advertising to the contrary I'm still convinced that a condom catheter attached with a separate glue will stay on better than a self adhesive condom cath.