Thread: New Advocacy Position

New Advocacy Position

After 18yrs I've decided to leave my Wall St. career and accept a new Graduate Advisory position @ Craig Hospital. I'll be working for the President of the hospital, Mike Fordyce, on a number of fronts relating to Craig and affecting the SCI/TBI Community.

Nearly ten years to the day post-injury I will hopefully be able to help Craig graduates and many members of the SCI/TBI disability community transition back to more independent lives, challenging new endeavors, legislative and funding efforts as well as supportive opportunities.

I'm looking forward to this new role, please let me know how I can help. Thank you for any and all support.

Onward & Upward!

Chris

Congratulations Chris. You've done much for the SCI community, and I'm sure your new position will be beneficial for not only the spinal cord injured, but for yourself, too. Keep up the good fight friend.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Major congrats! Craig is most fortunate to have you. With your business. personal, volunteer, SCI and Craig graduate experience you are one helluvan asset.

Onward and upward indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Chappell View Post
    After 18yrs I've decided to leave my Wall St. career and accept a new Graduate Advisory position @ Craig Hospital. I'll be working for the President of the hospital, Mike Fordyce, on a number of fronts relating to Craig and affecting the SCI/TBI Community.

Nearly ten years to the day post-injury I will hopefully be able to help Craig graduates and many members of the SCI/TBI disability community transition back to more independent lives, challenging new endeavors, legislative and funding efforts as well as supportive opportunities.

I'm looking forward to this new role, please let me know how I can help. Thank you for any and all support.

Onward & Upward!

Chris

I can't think of a better person to be able to do this for the SCI/TBI community.

Congratulations!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Congrats Chris, best wishes on your new path.

Wow, that's great Chris. I'm sure that job will be much more close to your heart than being in the financial markets. I'm sure you will do well with it.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Congrats! When I left the corporate world after 25 years and moved into the non-profit sector my whole world changed for the better. Everyday I felt a sense of pride and accomplishment. I hope you have the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    Congrats! When I left the corporate world after 25 years and moved into the non-profit sector my whole world changed for the better. Everyday I felt a sense of pride and accomplishment. I hope you have the same experience.

Congratulations Chris sounds like a great position & opportunity.

Somewhat like Sharon stated I found myself retooled with skills post SCI and looking for work. I ended up working for a non-profit disability agency. Found it very rewarding and have always looked back grateful that I had a career that felt purposeful and rewarding.

All the best to you.