Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Ambulatory ECG done on 5 Apr 2010

  1. #11
    I'll be going on 3rd Jun 2010 for a two dimensional echocardiography. Does anyone know what the test is like and what do I need to prepare for it? Can I eat and drink before the test?

  2. #12
    Is it common for young adults to get this A - Fib condition? I'm only close to 30 years and now I got this condition seen from the test.

  3. #13
    Nurse, are you sure the report really says A-fib?

    I thought so too reading it at first, but looking at the format carefully of both reports, it looks to me like they've just listed all sorts of things in two columns and perhaps they're meant to check the boxes or something, and a-fib just happens to be at the top of the second column. Of course, I may be wrong.

  4. #14
    Senior Member medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New London, WI USA
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by weimin View Post
    I'll be going on 3rd Jun 2010 for a two dimensional echocardiography. Does anyone know what the test is like and what do I need to prepare for it? Can I eat and drink before the test?
    echocardiogram are like an ultrasound of the heart. They will start an IV and inject you with some medicine that will show up on the screen to show the path of the blood flow through the heart. Making sure it goes where it is supposed to go and heart is pumping the way it should. As far as I know it does not matter if u eat or drink before test, I just wouldnt have anything really heavy before hand. Sometimes the medicine can make you feel sick.

  5. #15
    Senior Member medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New London, WI USA
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    Nurse, are you sure the report really says A-fib?

    I thought so too reading it at first, but looking at the format carefully of both reports, it looks to me like they've just listed all sorts of things in two columns and perhaps they're meant to check the boxes or something, and a-fib just happens to be at the top of the second column. Of course, I may be wrong.
    After blowing up the reports I think that A-fib occasionally came up, just as bradycardia did , pvc's and pac's. It lists everything that the holter picked up in 24 hrs. I dont think he is having a high occurance of the A-fib, but they are continuing to do tests to make sure it stays that way.

    Since he has been having noticeable palpatations, the A fib must be frequent enough to be monitored just not treated yet? Does that make sense?

  6. #16
    It does not say you have Atrial fibrilaation, it does say you have some premature atrial contractions and a slow heart beat -less than 60 and at times a slightly fast heart rate- grater than 100.
    It seems comparted ot your previous report you ran a slow heart rate then also.
    CWO

  7. #17
    errr, if that was a list of everything that happened in 24 then I think he would be a lot sicker. V fib doesn't usually have a favourable outcome. I think the final result was normal, I think the lists were everything that they were looking for, at a guess. I think they normally have a percentage next to the arrhythmia, like SVT 12%
    [IMG]file:///Users/Mememe/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    echocardiogram are like an ultrasound of the heart. They will start an IV and inject you with some medicine that will show up on the screen to show the path of the blood flow through the heart. Making sure it goes where it is supposed to go and heart is pumping the way it should. As far as I know it does not matter if u eat or drink before test, I just wouldnt have anything really heavy before hand. Sometimes the medicine can make you feel sick.
    oki thanks!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    It does not say you have Atrial fibrilaation, it does say you have some premature atrial contractions and a slow heart beat -less than 60 and at times a slightly fast heart rate- grater than 100.
    It seems comparted ot your previous report you ran a slow heart rate then also.
    CWO
    Is the slow heart rate during the times that I was sleeping? Is this normal?

  10. #20
    I am wondering if anyone did a holter test and could share their reports? So that I can see a comparison to see how my report is different and whether it would be normal?

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Workshop: Taiwan, April 22-24, 2010
    By manouli in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 05:15 PM
  2. 2010: Which is it?
    By JenJen in forum Life
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM
  3. Ambulatory Activity of Stroke Survivors. Measurement Options for Dose, Intensity
    By wildwilly in forum Brain Injury & Stroke Research
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 10:01 PM
  4. wise, scinurses, ambulatory training translation
    By freedomdan in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 07:21 PM
  5. stress test if you're non-ambulatory?
    By Nan2u in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2001, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •