Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Ambulatory ECG done on 5 Apr 2010

  1. #1

    Ambulatory ECG done on 5 Apr 2010

    I got my test results for the 24 hour holter test today.

    Anyone knows what the below means:

    Test result: Mildly Abnormal
    Test Mode: 24 Hr, 3 L
    Test Duration: 24
    Average Rate: 71
    Highest Rate: 121
    Lowest Rate: 42

    Basic Rhythm: A Fib
    Infrequent VPC: A Flutter
    Frequent VPC: SVT
    Bigeminall VPC: Pause
    Multiform VPC: Bradycardia
    V Pair: Irreg Rhythm
    V Tach: Heart Block
    V Fib: Depressed ST
    Escape VEB: Depressed ST

    Final Diagnosis:

    Baseline sinus rhythm; no significant pause or arrest/heart rate ranges 42-121/min. No significant arrhythmia.; Sinus tachycardia 2% of recorded time.; Sinus bradycardia 26% of recorded time. Occasional/infrequent premature atrial complexes.
    Last edited by weimin; 05-14-2010 at 10:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by weimin View Post
    I got my test results for the 24 hour holter test today.

    Anyone knows what the below means:

    Test result: Mildly Abnormal
    Test Mode: 24 Hr, 3 L
    Test Duration: 24
    Average Rate: 71
    Highest Rate: 121
    Lowest Rate: 42

    Basic Rhythm: A Fib
    Infrequent VPC: A Flutter
    Frequent VPC: SVT
    Bigeminall VPC: Pause
    Multiform VPC: Bradycardia
    V Pair: Irreg Rhythm
    V Tach: Heart Block
    V Fib: Depressed ST
    Escape VEB: Depressed ST

    Final Diagnosis:

    Baseline sinus rhythm; no significant pause or arrest/heart rate ranges 42-121/min. No significant arrhythmia.; Sinus tachycardia 2% of recorded time.; Sinus bradycardia 26% of recorded time. Occasional/infrequent premature atrial complexes.
    Weiman,

    This is a abnormal EKG. This needs to be repeated and interpreted by a cardiologist. When you feel your pulse, is it highly irregular? Were you having autonomic Dysfunction at the time and what were your symptoms? The diagnosis is also contradictory. "A Fib" means atrial fibrillation. If you have atrial fibrillation, you have an arrhythmia.

    Wise.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Weiman,

    This is a abnormal EKG. This needs to be repeated and interpreted by a cardiologist. When you feel your pulse, is it highly irregular? Were you having autonomic Dysfunction at the time and what were your symptoms? The diagnosis is also contradictory. "A Fib" means atrial fibrillation. If you have atrial fibrillation, you have an arrhythmia.

    Wise.
    Hi Dr Wise,

    How do you know that it is abnormal EKG?

    The doctor did not say that there was anything wrong with me except that there were a few extra beats for my heart. He also ordered an ultrascan/ultrasound for my heart in Jun(not sure if it is called ultrasound) but it is to scan if there are any defects or holes in the heart.

    I have a L3 and L5 burst fracture. Can I get autonomic dysreflexia? I'm not sure how to count the pulserate, do I put two fingers on my wrist?

  4. #4
    updated with attachment of report. Anyone have any further comments?

  5. #5
    Two fingers to the radial nerve (when you hold your hand with your thumb towards the ceiling, the artery will be right there). Count the number of thumps that you feel over a one minute time period. You should feel a nice regular beat. It is not uncommon every now and then to skip a beat (and I mean very infrequently), so if you feel it like that once in awhile, it's ok. However, A-fib is not ok and needs to be worked up and possibly treated. I would encourage you to speak to your physician again and see if he wants to speed this up. The other option is to get a second opinion.

    CKF

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Two fingers to the radial nerve (when you hold your hand with your thumb towards the ceiling, the artery will be right there). Count the number of thumps that you feel over a one minute time period. You should feel a nice regular beat. It is not uncommon every now and then to skip a beat (and I mean very infrequently), so if you feel it like that once in awhile, it's ok. However, A-fib is not ok and needs to be worked up and possibly treated. I would encourage you to speak to your physician again and see if he wants to speed this up. The other option is to get a second opinion.

    CKF
    What does A-fib mean and what is the problem associated with it? Can it be caused by SCI?

  7. #7
    Compared with my report in 2008, here is it below as attached. Anyone has comments?

  8. #8

  9. #9
    A-fib is a common arrhythmia or abnormal heart beat. It means that the atrium (the upper chamber of the heart) is not getting in sync with the ventricles (lower chambers.

    Per the Mayo Clinic website, "during atrial fibrillation, the heart's two upper chambers (the atria) beat chaotically and irregularly — out of coordination with the two lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart. Atrial fibrillation is an irregular and often rapid heart rate that commonly causes poor blood flow to the body and symptoms of heart palpitations, shortness of breath and weakness.

    Atrial fibrillation can also cause fatigue and stroke.
    The treatment option best for you will depend on how long you've had atrial fibrillation, how bothersome your symptoms are and the underlying cause of your atrial fibrillation. Generally, the goals of treating atrial fibrillation are to:

    Reset the rhythm or control the rate
    Prevent blood clots
    The strategy you and your doctor choose depends on many factors, including whether you have other problems with your heart and if you're able to take medications that can control your heart rhythm."

    A-fib is common and is usually easily treated. It becomes more common the older that we get. And as far as I know, SCI is not a cause.

    Get this checked - you certainly don't need something that is easily treated to be a part of your health problems.

    CKF

  10. #10
    oki thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Workshop: Taiwan, April 22-24, 2010
    By manouli in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 05:15 PM
  2. 2010: Which is it?
    By JenJen in forum Life
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM
  3. Ambulatory Activity of Stroke Survivors. Measurement Options for Dose, Intensity
    By wildwilly in forum Brain Injury & Stroke Research
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 10:01 PM
  4. wise, scinurses, ambulatory training translation
    By freedomdan in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 07:21 PM
  5. stress test if you're non-ambulatory?
    By Nan2u in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2001, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •