Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bit Torrent and the Hurt Locker

I thought piratebay was no more? or was it another pirate community?
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

How about this tactic, go after the one who is doing the sharing? What I am trying to say, someone has to put it out on BitTorrent, etc. for others to connect to and download, why not go after that individual?

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

if you shut down every bit torrent client the piracy wont stop, there so many way to share and piracy will grow along with technology. maybe if wanted content was widely available for practically nothing there be no need to rip.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

I think the best tactic to stop people from downloading are to put the prizes on renting and buying movies down. It is even more expensive in Sweden, they are going to work hard to keep Piratebay going.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Spend a buck and rent it at redbox.
    Not as convenient. But I think a good solution would be to design a download that would expire. You can rent a movie for a $1 and download it. Then say the download expires in 24 or 48 hours. Now that would be convenient and help reduce the P2P. I love being able to D/L a movie on my PC and through my PS3 I can watch it on my big TV.

We pay 12 dollars to rent a movie so it is too expensive and even more expensive to go to the theater
    TH 12, 43 years post

It wont ever stop but is it really hurting the industry? Last time I checked these Stars still have plenty of money and the movies theatres are packed on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrmmxer View Post
    Not as convenient. But I think a good solution would be to design a download that would expire. You can rent a movie for a $1 and download it. Then say the download expires in 24 or 48 hours. Now that would be convenient and help reduce the P2P. I love being able to D/L a movie on my PC and through my PS3 I can watch it on my big TV.
    iTunes movie rentals work that way. You download it and have 30 days to watch it, but it expires 24 hrs after you first hit play. So you might rent and have it for 20 days, but then push play. You have 24 hrs to watch it from that point on as many times as you want. Also not a $1. Also most cable and satellite services have some sort of pay to watch movie system these days. But the whole point is that people are going to do it for free regardless of what else is out there.

Also you can't rent it, buy it, watch it anywhere but at the movies for the first 4-6 months, people want to watch em right away at home, in their dorms, in the car...etc. That's when the majority of illegal downloads happen. 4-6 months is not that long if you ask me, I remember when it would be a year before movies come out on VHS after being in the movies. Which by the way had it's own form of piracy, I had a friend that always had movies on VHS like a month after the movie was at the theater.

I agree about going after the people that put them up. Lets see a movie goes to the theater, but at the same time you can find a copy of it that is DVD quality already out there to be downloaded. Some one from the place where the movie was made has to be the one doing it as no one else would have a copy yet. Tighten the security on them to prevent this from happening in the first place.

PirateBay hasn't shut down, they had a lawsuit going in the country that it originates from, I know last year there was a lot of noise about what was going on, but then it sort of died down and they are still up and going as strong as ever.

I dont condone pirating but I dont think they have a case and those who will not pay will tie up the courts for years worth of litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Spend a buck and rent it at redbox.
    ...or don't bother. It's massively over-rated. I bought it on Blu-Ray, really disappointed
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."