Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round Betty Dino + Surelocks

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    This bugged me too, 'til I started doing things different. Depending on function, I guess, but I get where i want to be, hit the brakes and then spin the wheels until they click instead of moving the entire chair back and forth. A little lean to the left and I can spin the right tire easily, and vice versa.
    yup[ thats what i do
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    I'm curious about the cushion, too. Does that stem(?) always protrude from the front right corner like that? Looks like a sore just waiting happen.

As he said, it's far enough out of the way, no chance of sore from it, however it is easy to knock out the valve. I loved the cushion, slim, light and easy, then I knocked the valve out after about a year. I used some pvc sealant to put it back in as it is just plastic, but a few months later it came out again. Since then it's hasn't held air like it did. I'm trying to find another cushion that is as light and low profile but doesn't have the valve problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    As he said, it's far enough out of the way, no chance of sore from it, however it is easy to knock out the valve. I loved the cushion, slim, light and easy, then I knocked the valve out after about a year. I used some pvc sealant to put it back in as it is just plastic, but a few months later it came out again. Since then it's hasn't held air like it did. I'm trying to find another cushion that is as light and low profile but doesn't have the valve problem.
    My Zoid developed a leak by the valve but it was within the 2 year warranty period and Varilite replaced the cushion.

Shows how much I pay attention to warranty stuff when I get things. One of the best cushions I've had, better then Jay because of the weight and better then Roho because it's stable.

Still haven't decided what I'll get with new chair, about to get a Supracor from a local dealer to test and see if I like it. If not then it will probably be a Zoid again.

i like the ride cushion. its about the same weight as a low pro roho(which gave me a total of 4 stage 3's on the ishchials). since ive been on the ride zero sores and when i was mapped no pressure anywhere except my hamstrings where i have plenty of natural cushioning.

i want some sure locks as i hate these damn scissors. i have a zr but with 5" of dump my camber tube is almost on the frame. if i can get past that how much width does it add on each side?
    "Impossible is Nothing" - Adidas Slogan

Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    i want some sure locks as i hate these damn scissors. i have a zr but with 5" of dump my camber tube is almost on the frame. if i can get past that how much width does it add on each side?
    No increase in width, at least not with custom integrated Surelock/ZR clamp setup.
    Last edited by stephen212; 05-11-2010 at 08:29 AM.

i like the ride cushion. its about the same weight as a low pro roho(which gave me a total of 4 stage 3's on the ishchials). since ive been on the ride zero sores and when i was mapped no pressure anywhere except my hamstrings where i have plenty of natural cushioning.

no issue w/ d's or sdures
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

ok i see thanks stephen...what about with camber? i've currently got 4 deg and thinking about goin with 6 deg. will the pin still hit the holes or would it bind going in at an angle?
    "Impossible is Nothing" - Adidas Slogan

ok i see thanks stephen...what about with camber? i've currently got 4 deg and thinking about goin with 6 deg. will the pin still hit the holes or would it bind going in at an angle?

James:

I don't think it should be an issue, but it's best to contact Jack (surelock@gbta.net or call (866) 315-3327) to be certain.

6° is a lot of camber for everyday use, innit? The doorways must be very wide where you live. What is your seat width?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Shows how much I pay attention to warranty stuff when I get things. One of the best cushions I've had, better then Jay because of the weight and better then Roho because it's stable.

Still haven't decided what I'll get with new chair, about to get a Supracor from a local dealer to test and see if I like it. If not then it will probably be a Zoid again.
    Stimulite Sport is the best cushion for active people imo, i`ve got one and love it, never back to air or gel cushion again.