Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round Betty Dino + Surelocks

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    One thing I don't like about the Surelocks is the mounting ring that goes on the inside of the hub to hold the locking ring to the wheel. It looks like it's carrying much more metal (and weight) than it needs to, compared to the D's. I do really like the more holes on the locking rings on the SL, a definite improvement and the 'pistons' appear to be higher quality.

The matching color anodized disc is a nice touch too. Did D's do that for you or did D's (Dale's) do that?

What quick release axles are those? I haven't come across black domed QR axles before.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    my chair is barely a year old and its all beat the eff up
    Got mine last december and it's already noticeably used. Means you have a life... That's good!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    The matching color anodized disc is a nice touch too. Did D's do that for you or did D's (Dale's) do that?

What quick release axles are those? I haven't come across black domed QR axles before.
    I asked Bill Lasher to send those rings off with the other farkles on my chair when they needed anodizing during fabrication. The axles are his too. They are short, like the Rogue axles, but titanium. Don't know where he gets them from, but I bet he'd tell you if'n you axked.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Since then, I asked Jack if it was possible to add more position stop holes to the discs. He immediately ran with the idea and added 7 more holes -- they now have 27, which is 4 more than are available on D's. This allows more precise positioning when locking your chair..
    Which is the thing I dislike the most about my D's. Trying to get the brakes engaged to have the chair dead square to something, like my uppertone machine, can take many attempts and waste valuable workout time. Many attempts in a row on bad days make me so frustrated I wish I had gone for ADI brakes instead. Before your suggestion with the extra holes surelocks may have been even worse than D’s for this but are probably a bit better now. The round holes and round pins look like a maybe tighter, less clicky/rattling fit than D’s as well.

Other things I like: The feel of the actuator lever -- the handle you toggle to lock and release the chair -- is far smoother on the Surelock.

Its big clunky silver with holes lever, which looks like a prototype rather than a finished product, along with sloppy web page issues (spelling etc.) made me wary of commitment to quality. That and higher prices tipped me to choosing D’s. Both are still far better than traditional brakes in most situations though.

More money, the need to ship a chair to ADI and their unwillingness to tell me for sure if and how much width they may add to a chair kept me from getting ADI brakes last time I got a new chair but they are going to be seriously considered for my next.

I prefer the open-toe style to the solid foot rest. No concerns about getting my stiletto heels caught anywhere.
    LoL - I figured it out I dropped the legrests so yeah I can now wear the skinnier heels - Yay! My next tilite will be a polished frame - I didn't think it was that important when buying my current chair.

The chair pictured in the original posting is my everyday ride and has been for the past 5 years. I don't have a collection of chairs, just the ZR and a Halls chair that I'm still refurbishing.
    sweet ride. i would like to someday get some blue anodized hubs & blue ano soft rolls to match my blue Marvel. 5 years, good job keepin the chair fresh

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    sweet ride. i would like to someday get some blue anodized hubs & blue ano soft rolls to match my blue Marvel. 5 years, good job keepin the chair fresh
    Blue soft rolls are an easy score.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Which is the thing I dislike the most about my D's. Trying to get the brakes engaged to have the chair dead square to something, like my uppertone machine, can take many attempts and waste valuable workout time.

This bugged me too, 'til I started doing things different. Depending on function, I guess, but I get where i want to be, hit the brakes and then spin the wheels until they click instead of moving the entire chair back and forth. A little lean to the left and I can spin the right tire easily, and vice versa.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Looks great Stephen.
    I'm waiting on insurance approval on a ZR2 with SureLocks on Flexrims.

http://surelockinc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    This bugged me too, 'til I started doing things different. Depending on function, I guess, but I get where i want to be, hit the brakes and then spin the wheels until they click instead of moving the entire chair back and forth. A little lean to the left and I can spin the right tire easily, and vice versa.
    I can sometimes do that a little with the right wheel but my lack of grip makes it a hit or miss attempt and no chance of it on my left.