Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round Betty Dino + Surelocks

Round Betty Dino + Surelocks

I promised Erick Bryant, president of Round Betty, some pictures of my ZR with my Dinos. I was waiting first to receive my matching Frog Legs Uni-tine forks and casters and a replacement set of locking pins from Surelock before I got it all working. (Surelock's new pins are smaller to accommodate their new 27-hole disc -- the holes are smaller too.)

Looks good Stephen - how old is your chair it looks new, my chair is barely a year old and its all beat the eff up

Oh yeah, my next set of wheels, right there.

That's a fine lookin' chair.

That's a nice chair Stephen. What brand of cushion is that?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Looks good Stephen - how old is your chair it looks new, my chair is barely a year old and its all beat the eff up
    Thanks, Jeri. It's almost 5 years old. The polished frame, I think, helps keep it looking new. Plus, I bring the chair into my roll-in shower once a week and soap up the fucker. I don't like grimy chairs. I'm a minor neat freak.

Over the years I've replaced the seat pan (first aluminum, now carbon fiber), the locks and, obviously, the wheels and the forks/casters. So much of the chair is new. Eventually I will probably get a replacement foot rest too -- I prefer the open-toe style to the solid foot rest. No concerns about getting my stiletto heels caught anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    That's a nice chair Stephen. What brand of cushion is that?
    Thanks, Rob. It's a Varilite Zoid. Probably the lightest weight cushion on the market and, fortunately, I map very well on it. My backup cushion is a Stimulite Classic.

I'm curious about the cushion, too. Does that stem(?) always protrude from the front right corner like that? Looks like a sore just waiting happen.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    I'm curious about the cushion, too. Does that stem(?) always protrude from the front right corner like that? Looks like a sore just waiting happen.
    Yes, the valve is always external to the cushion. A minor eye sore, perhaps, but it poses ZERO risk of creating a sore. That would be quite a design flaw from a company and product whose raison d'etre is to promote skin health.

Thanks Stephen. I'm dickering between a Varilite and a Stimulite Contoured XS for my next cushion. A Jay2 isn't doing the job any longer.

Thanks!

Dang, just realized your chair is 5 years old. It looks new as wtf says. My 5 year old chair looks like hell. I don't even have brakes on it any more, heh. They were such a pain to keep adjusting I said hell with it. I like the looks of your ZR, and I'll be getting a new chair soon. I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I don't like grimy chairs. I'm a minor neat freak.
    I`m a bit like you too, very nice and clean chair, but knowing as you are i`m sure that you will change soon that black pushrims, because you will can see any scratches on them from milles away

I was thinking in order that brakes for my new chair, but when i knew the price i changed my mind, is to much money for only a brakes for me, because i don`t use them much because i`ve got fendered sideguards and that makes that i don`t need to lock the wheels much times.