Thread: My Trip to Las Vegas

My Trip to Las Vegas

The trip to Vegas was loads of fun, the scale of the place was amazing...so of course we took a number of good pictures, I went to Vegas for a family wedding and stayed w/ several family members in a well known hotel called the Tropicana.
    We had fun playing lots of slots and cards...on our last night i stayed up playing real blackjack (w/ a dealer) until 6 a.m. at the tropicana, while breaking basically even overall, w/ some characters...a few new friends who were in the wedding (1 of whom blew through $1,200,00. beans!), mandy who was in town on "business" from miami and may have been a "call girl", a couple of band members from a group called metric drive?, and a funny British journalist for the times of london named g...it was a great time.
    I was nervous about traveling so far...but overall things worked very well. As a C4-5 quad 14 years post-injury, I use a power wheelchair, which did suffer damage thanks to Southwest Airlines. Southwest was very helpful w/ boarding, even though I gave them instructions the baggage guys broke the brake system on my chair, by pushing and forcing it, but we got it going, thankfully...now Southwest is going to reimburse me for repairs. Vegas is very very accessible, the people/workers I met are very friendly and helpful...and card dealers even helped me gamble, showing the ADA Act passed by Congress really transformed America.
    I would recommend going to Vegas if you or someone you're w/ uses a wheelchair...the area is very accessible, and is loads of fun.

yes i love vegas. ive been there 4 times. all after my sci. im 10.5 years post and 30 years old. i was 24 the first time i went and have gone back almost every year. lol i went in october of 09 and went again this year on 4/1/2010. next time you go check out more of the outskirts of vegas, like the mountains and desert. i may move there someday
    J2

28/M/chicago/C5-c6 quad Comp.
    [url]
    www.J2RollsOn.com

Quote Originally Posted by J2Extreme View Post
    yes i love vegas. ive been there 4 times. all after my sci. im 10.5 years post and 30 years old. i was 24 the first time i went and have gone back almost every year. lol i went in october of 09 and went again this year on 4/1/2010. next time you go check out more of the outskirts of vegas, like the mountains and desert. i may move there someday
    I live here and it is one hell of a town if you are thinking of moving here check out the Red Rock Canyon area it is right out my back door and very beautiful.
    ^^(A)^^

I´m heading over to LV from the 30th of May to the 11th of June. The accessability is second to none. I´m gonna win a million bucks lol!
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Public transportation is very good in Las Vegas. Wheelchair users and their companions enter the buses first even if the line is a mile long and it's cheap! What's not so great about Las Vegas is the daytime heat. My wife and I were married in the Paris Chapel when it first opened.

My Experience there

Overall I love it in Vegas just bring extra cash, if I am not mistaken I spend over $400 for 2 person at a 5 star restaurant. There are also affordable eating places there and what I love the most there is people watching, you'll see all kinds of people. I love it.