Thread: HOC Monoski

HOC Monoski

I was getting pretty close to ordering a Praschberger mono ski and just learned about this new ski today. Anyone have any experience or input in this ski?

http://www.teamhoc.com/monoski.htm

My son and I have never heard of this monoski before, but it looks interesting. I'd love the hear from anyone that has any knowledge of it as well. We have to order a monoski for my son before next winter and while the plan is for a Praschberger we would certainly consider other options.

My395, thanks for posting this and I hope some others speak up here as well.

Mark
    In God we trust, all others must prove themselves.

Hi Guys,

Last December at the Hartford Ski Spectacular Event, I spent a week skiing in Breckenridge, Co. After a week on my dualski Tessier, I demoed an HOC mono. Comparing the two might not be fair as the HOC was so much easier to manuver. I had fun on it. I would have liked to set it up a little more for me. I needed an additional strap to keep me more forward.

I ended up buying a Scarver monoski for the feature that allows me to lift my butt to get on the lift. As a quad I can't lift myself as much as you paras. (yet)

Pat

The manual says that a medium seat rig weighs 30 lbs. That is nice and light. It looks nice, elegant I think my Freedom Factory Revo Pro weighs 38 lbs and {shameless plug} happens to be for sale - contact me !

Anything steve does is top notch. He makes d's locks
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Anything steve does is top notch. He makes d's locks
    Yeah, I just got off the phone with him. Sounds like a lot of work went into designing the ski.

What knowledge I have of suspension, tells me that this ski is a step in the right direction. Though I am new to skiing, I watch the other skis on the market and think that the suspension is not working as it should.

I randomly saw a video of someone riding this ski a couple of months ago and could not figure out what the brand was. I wanted to know simply because it looked like the suspension was working so well.

I am trying to work out some demo time with the ski. I will report back if that happens.

My only real concern is how high it is off the snow. Could be tough to get back up.