Thread: Question for Incompletes

Question for Incompletes

Has anbody with the ability to bear weight, walk with or without a device.
    Where you ever able to get rid of the Baclofen? I am trying to get rid of this Baclofen. Seems like the more weight you can bear the less the spasm are.

The main reason to get rid of Baclofen its negative affect on Sexual function(ejactulation/Orgasm).

See Study below

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2435028/

Sorry if wrong forum
    Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenJ View Post
    Has anbody with the ability to bear weight, walk with or without a device.
    Where you ever able to get rid of the Baclofen? I am trying to get rid of this Baclofen. Seems like the more weight you can bear the less the spasm are.

The main reason to get rid of Baclofen its negative affect on Sexual function(ejactulation/Orgasm).

See Study below

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2435028/

Sorry if wrong forum
    If I may ask; how much are you taking daily ?

60 mg Total baclofen 20mg Q8 with Zanaflex(Tinzanidine) 4mg Q8. Just purely ancedotal I noticed as I started getting stronger and ambulating daily my spasms were reduced. Seems like the spasm were more of a function of immobility. Meaning the less mobile I was the more spasms occured in chair and/or bed. While the Baclofen doses remained constant. Furthermore, other drawbacks of Baclofen leg weakness was noticed as well. Last week(3X) I skipped my morning Baclofen dose before my 10 am Therapy session, and my weakest muscle(right hip flexors) improved dramatically. In conclusion, I am at a point where Baclofen seems to be prohibitive.

PS I know discontinuation is a weaning process rather cold turkey.
    Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

Until 6 months ago, I took baclofen and zantax together also. I added the zantax to assist in the reduction of baclofen. As a result, I experienced a sluggishness and sometimes dizzying effects.

It wasn't until I used this combination that I actually fell (for the first time since my injury) while opening the front door of my home. I just lost my proprioception and landed on my back hitting my head hard on the floor.

After immediately consulting with my physician, zantax was removed from my daily dosage of meds and we increased the baclofen.

Still determined to rid my self of the baclofen I have begun decreasing the dosage by 10 mg per month or as my body allows.

Everyone's body is different and our reaction to these meds are different from one another as well

Of course I'm not a doctor, but perhaps the combination of baclofyn and zantax is responsible for your what you've been expereincing.

Currently, I'm on 50 Mg of baclofyn per day and 1200 mg of neurton per day.