Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your mom or anyone else call you daily to make sure you didn't fall out of your chair...

LOL,I know the "feeling",I still live with my parents,though even alone in my bedroom "they make sure I am ok"
    Just last night I was picking up from the floor a few things and I was "cleaning" a little,suddenly my mother enters and says: "Oh you should ask for help to pick those magazines,you can fall down and hurt,or you will hurt your back,or hands...", it sounds cool but her expression was more about "being scared" ,I just told her that she was scaring me more than she was

www.wheelsforindependence.biz

If you ever become a mom, Theo, you'll see that your whole world view changes. In an instant. This little person looks to you for everything, especially protection. And you would do anything...go any distance...to make life good for your child.

I would have given anything to change the fact that my daughter was injured. I still would. I have made every bargain imaginable with God; no dice. It isn't fair--it sucks. I hate her injury with such a passion, and after five years, I still get angry and cry and want to pound the walls. But instead, I give her a call, just to hear her laugh, to talk about nothing..and to hear for myself that SHE'S okay. It saves my sanity. And I'm sure she rolls her eyes at times...but she puts up with me checking on her because she isn't selfish. She loves me too, and she knows I've taken this way harder than she has. I can't fix this. I will never be okay with that. Never.

It's just the way it is.

But I don't have to like it.

When I moved out to go to college, my mom would show up at my apartment if I didn't call her by 10 AM.

Originally posted by Sci Mom:

If you ever become a mom, Theo, you'll see that your whole world view changes. In an instant. This little person looks to you for everything, especially protection. And you would do anything...go any distance...to make life good for your child.

I would have given anything to change the fact that my daughter was injured. I still would. I have made every bargain imaginable with God; no dice. It isn't fair--it sucks. I hate her injury with such a passion, and after five years, I still get angry and cry and want to pound the walls. But instead, I give her a call, just to hear her laugh, to talk about nothing..and to hear for myself that SHE'S okay. It saves my sanity. And I'm sure she rolls her eyes at times...but she puts up with me checking on her because she isn't selfish. She loves me too, and she knows I've taken this way harder than she has. I can't fix this. I will never be okay with that. Never.

It's just the way it is.

But I don't have to like it.
    I completely agree with you,although I am not a mom,I have my mom and love her...I wish she could just not be always worried about me,but well....she is my mom!!

my family used to be way over protective but after falling out of my chair, dumping my chair over, crashing my van, and catching myself on fire (3 times) they just dont want to know anymore.

please note my new email address: Cspine_ae@msn.com

lol cspine...i think my family might be finally getting to that "i dont wanna know anymore" plateau too.

Theo, great pic by the way, My mom lives two blocks away and I see her more at the grocery store or walmart then any other time. Last year we say her at walmart right before christmas so she told us to go pick something we needed so she could buy it for us.

On another note, if I need her at anytime all I need to do is call and she will be here before I can hang up.

T-10 complete
    10/08/01

My parents live about 10 miles away so we see each other during the week. However, when they go out of town, I do get a call to find out if everything is OK.

PN

Originally posted by Cspine:

my family used to be way over protective but after falling out of my chair, dumping my chair over, crashing my van, and catching myself on fire (3 times) they just dont want to know anymore.

please note my new email address: Cspine_ae@msn.com
    I'd say LOL,but if I were in your shoes my parents wouldn't leave me alone anymore!

I would have given anything to change the fact that my daughter was injured. I still would. I have made every bargain imaginable with God; no dice. It isn't fair--it sucks. I hate her injury with such a passion, and after five years, I still get angry and cry and want to pound the walls.

Amen.