Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does your mom or anyone else call you daily to make sure you didn't fall out of your chair...

You don't have to have a disability to have a vigilent mother. When I was in college my mother called me every Sunday morning. A couple times when I was staying overnight with my boyfriend I had roommates who covered for me, saying I was in the shower and would call her back, then called me at my boyfriend's apt. My senior year I had my own apt. and when she could not reach me she called a friend whose daughter also went to my college and had her come over to check on me. She was sure I was either dead or too ill to reach the phone!!!

Today, my mother has quadriplegia due to MS, and I am old enough to be a grandmother (but am not), but she still calls me every Sunday to check on me.

(KLD)

yep. my mom is the same way. gotta luv 'em.

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

I'm 25 and still live at home with my parents until I graduate college next year. If my parents hear a strange noise they run to find where I'm at and see what happened usually. It can drive me crazy!

This is a nice thread to know your family loves you is a gift. I was not so fortunate but be greatful that they love you so.
    KLD?? I'm shocked even I never thought of that move lol

Attitudes about the behaviors of others often change with time and circumstance. For instance, my mother has a degenerative neurological disease and I wish she was still just capable of checking on me. Seeing her go down hill like she has in the past ten years is devastating to me. I'd give anything for my mother to be able to just bug the holy crap out of me 24/7. I love her so much.

~~~Honesty is the best policy~~~Treat others as you would like to be treated~~~Play hard, but play fairly~~~