Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever considered moving away from everyone who knew you pre-injury...

Ever considered moving away from everyone who knew you pre-injury...

...just so you don't have to be around people who get all weepy-eyed everytime they see you? My family and friends love me dearly, I know that, but sometimes I swear I'm going to go crazy by the way the mood changes everytime I enter the room?! Wouldn't it just be easier to just move away and be around people who didn't get depressed everytime they see you...just because they knew you pre-injury and feel sorry for you?

Dunno if its easier either way Theo. I never had the choice of family helping or being around every day. My take is, there are wierd people planted everywhere who "aren't" your family who also get depressed everytime they see you.<------- lol. I was in the store the other day sampling some food and the "sample" lady kept asking me if I had MD! (her nephew had it or something, so naturally the whole world of ppl in wheelchairs must too?) I said, No, then NO. Maybe she was hard of hearing!? she just got all loopy & emotional. Too much drama!

People have that "feel sorry look" no matter where you live, trust me. On the otherhand, there are some good ones. Don't forget your weed eater, its a good thing to have to weed out the wierd ones.

TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF MY MOJO

hehehe...true, true, there are those sappy, weirdo strangers wherever you go I guess.

i just hate being around people who know the "before and after tiffiny." i want to be considered whole, not broken

I have one friend that comes over that acts like I'm not even in my wheelchair. He acts the same way the day that I met him. I know how you feel Theo because my other friends have a hard time facing me. It would be really nice if they would just bypass the chair because I'm still the same person. Boy, it pisses me off sometimes because if that's the way they feel STAY HOME!! I had to get that out.

Time to ride not roll

i know! GOI = get over it people! *stamps her feet disgustingly, in her head...*

Theo,
    We have got to meet in person. Do you ever make your way down to Minneapolis?

Sue

Rollin' Rick said:

It would be really nice if they would just bypass the chair because I'm still the same person. Boy, it pisses me off sometimes because if that's the way they feel STAY HOME!! I had to get that out.
    Do you really think that's true Rick .... reason I ask is because I hear this at CC all the time but truth be told my BiLL is simply not the same person he was pre sci ... that's not to say he's bad or evil or even depressed (I guess its possible ) ... but the Bill I remember before he was hurt is very different now in many ways - I simply accept the change ... this is a very difficult thing to adjust too as someone who cares so deeply for the injured one ... sometimes you just don't know how the hell you should act we just do the best we can !!!!!!!!

Obieone

Originally posted by Theophania:

i just hate being around people who know the "before and after tiffiny." i want to be considered whole, not broken
    I know. Me too. If it counts, I think your whole, and a nice chica.

TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF MY MOJO

Originally posted by Susan M:

Theo,
    We have got to meet in person. Do you ever make your way down to Minneapolis?

Sue
    I live in Minneapolis!! Where are you in Mpls? South Mpls here...pm me

awww thanks, liz! same with you, hun...you've always been a super nice person here on cc *hugs galore*