Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help-legal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    It doesn't anger me, but I am amazed at your "facts".

Susie Q didn't decide not to pay the bill. She got sick, lost employment, and was unable to continue making monthly payments.

Susie Q forgot to go to court once.

Susie Q does not have a lawyer for this case, so she doesn't blame him/her.

I imagine Susie Q wants a judge to look at her case and give her some type of payment arrangements that she can meet.
    Thank you Flicka! I was paying on this doctor bill religiously for over 3 years while i was working. When i got so ill with my brain infection? i couldnt work is when the lawyer got pissed off at me. Saying such things as "everyones got a sob story" ect...this was in open court. She expects my mother to pay on this bill monthly. This was her monthly plan, have my mother pay! She knows good well i have no income at all and i even provided my SSD attorney.

She takes people to court alot even though they are paying because she can tack on fees, all the while your total amout due keeps going up and up because of interest and fees.

Clipper- the reason behind this doctor bill was this...some jack ass left the lid off a broken city water main and i fell in it. The case was in litigation but then out of no where my lawyer said the case couldnt be won. So then this bill was due. At the time i was not working...The only thing i have done wrong was forgot about the court date. My spinal tap showed a pressure of 26. Normal is 0-10 as i am told.

Some of you need parachutes for your jumping to conclusions habits...

I called legal aide, they always put you on hold (computer) and then it says to call back because they are busy. I talked to a friend tonight and i believe she will post the 500.00 for me.
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    I think Susie Q should take along a signed letter from her doctor to the court explaining her disability. She should also take along a copy of the decision giving her SSDI. Those two things will go a long way in a judge's eyes towards dropping a judgement for failure to show and accepting a court ordered payment plan based on her disability insurance.
    Thanks, i will do that. Even tho i was not in the hospital the 19th (court date) i was the 20th and 21st.

It doesn't anger me, but I am amazed at your "facts".

Susie Q didn't decide not to pay the bill. She got sick, lost employment, and was unable to continue making monthly payments.

Susie Q forgot to go to court once.

Susie Q does not have a lawyer for this case, so she doesn't blame him/her.

I imagine Susie Q wants a judge to look at her case and give her some type of payment arrangements that she can meet.
    I read her [osts correctly.

Many of us do not pay bill because we are broke. That is a decision we make,

She needs to appear in court to work out a payment plan she can meet.

There some lawyer she has fault with, according to her post.

Ignoring or forgetting about a court date is proving to be problematic for her. If her disability prevents her remembering impoartant appoinments, she need the aid of a guardian--a parent friend, someone to hekp in these matters.

I feel for Susie Q, but she needs to take charge of her affairs.

For the life of me I cannot fathom why she lost her legal case after falling into a manhole that was left open by some "jerk." Seems to me the city would be more than happy to settle and get the issue resolved.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I agree. There is no way the city would not have been responsible. They are the ones that should have paid all medical expenses incurred because of the accident. I think your lawyer screwed u over.

You should look into this again. If you are still withing the statute of limitations, you could still go after them for this. As long as there is a paper trail to show that this happened I would go to the city council and the media. Show them that because of the medical expesnses that incurred because of the neglect of a city worker, u are now facing jail time for a bill u cannot pay. They may be willing to pay it to make it go away quickly. The more involved others become, the quicker they will want it to go away.

Just a small comment, if you're planning on filing for bankruptcy anyway you might want to save your $$ for that since any doctor bills will almost certainly be discharged at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by wazabiker View Post
    For the life of me I cannot fathom why she lost her legal case after falling into a manhole that was left open by some "jerk." Seems to me the city would be more than happy to settle and get the issue resolved.
    It appears you read this correctly and I agree with you. Her lawyer (in that case) should be sued for malpractice.
    Many of us do not pay bill because we are broke. That is a decision we make,
    I guess it is a decision we make, but I've been in that situation and it is never a decision made lightly. Yes, she does need to appear in court, but forgot the last appearance and now is in this situation.

The lawyer she has a gripe with works for the collection agency. The lawyer's idea for a payment plan is for her mother to make the payments. That's not a plan.

How the medical bill incurred is not revelent to her present situation. I do think she needs to go back to that incident and readdress the problem. She shouldn't have even needed a lawyer for the city to pay medical bills.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

It appears you read this correctly and I agree with you. Her lawyer (in that case) should be sued for malpractice.

I guess it is a decision we make, but I've been in that situation and it is never a decision made lightly. Yes, she does need to appear in court, but forgot the last appearance and now is in this situation.

The lawyer she has a gripe with works for the collection agency. The lawyer's idea for a payment plan is for her mother to make the payments. That's not a plan.

How the medical bill incurred is not revelent to her present situation. I do think she needs to go back to that incident and readdress the problem. She shouldn't have even needed a lawyer for the city to pay medical bills.
    I believe we are in agreement that Suzie Q needs to by pass the collection agency an deal directlly with the court to settle he medical debt.

With that behind her she should meet with city officials regarding her accident regarding the open man hole.

Ignoring her problems will not make them go away--it will only get worse ala Les Miserables.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I have NO money coming in at all, i filed for disability.

The collection agency is a lawyer that has gone thru the courts thru small claims. Since i never objected that i owed the money nore did i have the money to pay it off the judgement was ruled against me. I had no idea of the tactics they used on people and thought that this sorta thing could not be done to people.

In typical jinx Suzie form i was stopped getting gas by a cop and was hauled off to jail while on my way to the brain doctors. They just ran my plates and found out i had a warrant, Cops love my car... This is why i just am about to say fuck it all. I cant win, get ahead or have anything good happen to me. I seriously think i have a jinx on myself. I was born 6-12-66 after all...

Anyways, i called my friend Joyce and she bailed me out for 500.00 +36.00 booking fee. I am selling my car to pay her back and other bills, go to court the 14th of June. I am writing a letter i will read outloud in court and will consult a lawyer before i go about what is going on in Williamson county courts. Its nothing short of extortion in my opinion.

Oh SuzieQ, That is terrible. Sigh. No words of widom from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Q View Post
    I have NO money coming in at all, i filed for disability.

The collection agency is a lawyer that has gone thru the courts thru small claims. Since i never objected that i owed the money nore did i have the money to pay it off the judgement was ruled against me. I had no idea of the tactics they used on people and thought that this sorta thing could not be done to people.

In typical jinx Suzie form i was stopped getting gas by a cop and was hauled off to jail while on my way to the brain doctors. They just ran my plates and found out i had a warrant, Cops love my car... This is why i just am about to say fuck it all. I cant win, get ahead or have anything good happen to me. I seriously think i have a jinx on myself. I was born 6-12-66 after all...

Anyways, i called my friend Joyce and she bailed me out for 500.00 +36.00 booking fee. I am selling my car to pay her back and other bills, go to court the 14th of June. I am writing a letter i will read outloud in court and will consult a lawyer before i go about what is going on in Williamson county courts. Its nothing short of extortion in my opinion.
    Suzi, cops do not stop you or anyone else for purchasing gasoline.

How long has this warrant been issued?

Yes, the police found you had an outstanding warrant and did what they had to do. I cannot believe the cops have a love affair with your car, unless it is a Bentley, Lamborghini (sp?), etc.

Suzi, I found early in life we make our own "jinx". I was the first to blame others and the system for my problems. But ultimately I came around to agree my troubles were my own making. Sure, sometimes life hands us a shit sandwich, but we don't have to accept it.

I recommend your letter to be read in court says that you take full responsibility for your actions and that you will work with the court to pay your medical bill and that you hope to never appear there again. Do not make oat worse with words that you will later regret.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now