Thread: Sienna ramp issue.

Sienna ramp issue.

I'm having an issue with the ramp on my 2006 Sienna. The ramp works fine in all other ways but when putting it back up the first push of the button folds the ramp and raises the kneel. Instead of the door automatically closing when the ramp is up you have to push the button again to make it close. I've had this in the shop and Braun apparently doesn't have a fix so I figured it was time to poll the real experts. Anyone had this happen or have a suggestion on a fix?
    -------------------------
    "...the most reliable and useful courage was that which arises from the fair estimation of the encountered peril..." Herman Melville: Moby Dick

Do you have a seperate button that controls the kneel. My braun Grand Caravan, 2008 has a button to activate that specific function seperatly from the door.
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

I can turn the kneel off and have an emergency raise button but that's it.
    "...the most reliable and useful courage was that which arises from the fair estimation of the encountered peril..." Herman Melville: Moby Dick

I don't know how the Siennas are wired, but it's likely a relay or a switch that's not being tripped when the ramp is in the full-up position.

I'm surprised Braun couldn't fix it. They should have full schematics and be able to trace it to where things are getting "stuck" (electronically).

edited... posted twice.

Scott- You would think. It's not like it's some obscure system. One would assume it's an A+B=C program. Unfortunately I assumed that would be the case and ended up paying $600 for them to try different options at the van place. Braun suggested some relay. They bought the part, I drove to Denver again only to have them put it in and it not be the fix. That's why i"m hunting here. I'm hoping someone has had the problem and knows the fix. The van place hasn't called back with any answers but I suspect they were just relieved to get me out of there. I wasn't too impressed.

Dealerships know how to pull BS like that everywhere. $600 for "trying" is absurd. I had the lift in my Jeep serviced by a local shop in Virginia that sold it to me (used); they were clueless about how it worked & charged me $150 or so in labor w/ nothing fixed; I took the schematics to another friend who knew how to read them & we figured it out.

What kind of warranty does Braun offer on those vans? It's < 5yrs old...

My Montana Braun Entervan does a similar thing sometimes, more often when it is damp out. Sometimes it has something to do with the little switch that is in the rearward end groove/door track on the side of the van. I can't remember if they just finger tightened it or sprayed a bit of water repelling lubricant on it. It seemed to help a bit.

3 year 35k warranty. I'm past the 3 year but was under the 35k. I'm not real impressed by Braun or the van co in Denver but this the first problem I've had. Unfortunately, it's an expensive learning experience but I'm probably done with both. If i had access to the schematics i would do the same.

Jeff- That switch is working. It's the switch that recognizes the ramp is up or the kneel is up. I checked that micro switch first. thanks for the suggestion.

Have you tried emailing the Braun Ability Voice website? I have a fullsize Chevy Explorer van with a Braun lift and Bernie from Braun has been very good answering any questions I had. They also many posts of questions from other customers that may answer your question.

Here is the link:

http://www.braunability.com/abilityv...eelchair-lift/

I hope this helps.